Related services and key industries
Daniel Giemajner is a banking lawyer based in London.
Daniel's focus is on cross-border project financings and other structured finance transactions primarily in the infrastructure, mining and commodities sectors. Daniel advises banks, funds, listed and private sponsors, and traders on projects and related transactions, with a particular focus on investment in Africa.
Daniel has also advised on a number of North American deals, having spent a year in our New York office between 2014 and 2015.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- CBG, Guinea - advising in connection with the c. $800m expansion of its Sangaredi bauxite mine in western Guinea. Advising on all aspects of the project, including the financing, the offtake agreements, the project documents and the infrastructure sharing arrangements between CBG, the State of Guinea and a third-party mining venture.
- Alufer, Guinea - advising in connection with the c.205m project financing of its Bel Air Asset in Guinea.
- Moma Titanium Mine, Mozambique - advising Emerging Africa Infrastructure Fund, European Investment Bank and FMO, in connection with the restructuring of the Kenmare Resources group and its debt portfolio.
- Aureus Mining, Liberia - advising on a US$88m loan facility agreement with Nedbank and Rand Merchant Bank and a US$12m subordinated loan agreement with RMB Resources to finance the development of its New Liberty Gold Project in Liberia.
- African Minerals Limited, Sierra Leone – advising the lenders to African Minerals Limited in relation to the financing and subsequent restructuring and enforcement in connection with the Tonkolili iron project in Sierra Leone.
- Asanko Gold Inc, Ghana - advising in relation to the project financing by Red Kite of its Esaase and Obotan gold projects in Ghana.
- TiZir, Senegal, Norway - advising in relation to the issuance of its c.$285m Nordic Bond, to be principally used to fund the construction of the Grand Cote mineral sands project in Senegal.
- Lekki Port PPP Project, Nigeria - advising the Senior Lenders, Standard Chartered Bank, Standard Bank/Stanbic IBTC, African Development Bank and African Finance Corporation, on their project financing of a US$1.5bn greenfield container port on the Lekki peninsula in Lagos State.
- Atuabo Free Port Project, Ghana – advising the lenders including, Standard Chartered Bank, Standard Bank and International Finance Corporation on their project financing of the Atuabo Oil and Gas Free Port in Ghana. The port will serve as an oil and gas logistics hub, servicing the offshore oil and gas industry in Ghana.
- Rotterdam World Gateway, Netherlands - advising the sponsors (comprising a consortium of major shipping lines and DP World) on the project financing of a new container terminal at the Port of Rotterdam.
- Kingston Container Terminal, Jamaica – advising the lenders in relation to the construction and expansion of the Kingston Container Terminal in Jamaica.
- Meridiam Infrastructure, USA - in connection with a project to design, build, finance, operate and maintain a new consolidated justice facility project in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA.
- Pennsylvania bridges, USA - representing Meridiam Infrastructure in connection with a PPP Project to design, build, finance and maintain the replacement of 563 bridges across the state of Pennsylvania.
- Standard Bank, Ghana - in connection with loan facilities made available to Eaton Towers Ghana Limited to develop its Ghanaian towers network.