Norton Rose Fulbright (Middle East) LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Gregory Man is a debt capital markets lawyer based in Dubai. He has extensive experience of Islamic and conventional capital markets and structured finance transactions. He acts for leading financial institutions, key corporates and government entities in Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Greg was previously based in Hong Kong where he led the Islamic finance practice in Asia for a Magic Circle law firm. Prior to being in Hong Kong, Greg was based in Dubai for five years and London for four years.
Greg advises on the full range of debt capital market structures, including: sovereign and quasi-sovereign Sukuk transactions; securitisations; hybrid capital issuances; restructurings; and liability management exercises. His recent transactions include acting for the following:
- the Hong Kong Government on its debut sovereign Sukuk transaction
- the Government of the Kingdom of Bahrain on a number of recent bond and Sukuk issuances
- Emirate Airlines on its record breaking ECA-backed Sukuk
- the Islamic Development Bank and the Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector on their respective Sukuk programmes
- Tenaga Nasional Berhad on its multi-currency cross-border Sukuk programme and Albaraka Türk on a number of its recent senior unsecured and Basel III-compliant tier 2 Sukuk issuances.
He regularly acts for many of the leading local and global investment banks as arrangers, dealers and joint lead managers on bond and Sukuk transactions. This includes assisting the Majid Al Futtaim Group, The Islamic Development Bank and Emirates NBD and the recent issuance by ENBD of Basel III-compliant AT1 capital securities in the UAE.
Greg also advised Al Rayan Bank Plc on the Shariah-compliance securitisation of its Islamic residential mortgage loan (home purchase plan) portfolio.
Greg's experience in these areas has been recognised in Chambers Global, IFLR1000 and Legal 500 and has led to the award for capital markets law firm of the year at Islamic Finance Awards 2018.
March 21, 2019
February 27, 2019
February 06, 2019