Related services and key industries
Justin Long is a partner in the firm's Corporate, M&A and Securities and Financial Institutions practice areas. Mr. Long's practice is primarily focused on mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, divestitures, securities offerings and reporting requirements as well as state and federal regulatory matters involving financial institutions, specialty lending and financial technology.
Mr. Long has represented public and private financial institutions, investment banks, investment advisors, broker-dealers as well as investors and investment funds in financial related businesses. He has also served as regular outside corporate and securities counsel to NASDAQ-listed companies and advises on SEC disclosure and other requirements of the federal securities laws.
Prior to joining Norton Rose Fulbright in the firm's Austin office in 2016, Mr. Long practiced law at Bracewell & Giuliani LLP where he served as the head of that firm's financial institutions group.
JD, The University of Texas School of Law, 2000
BBA, The University of Texas at Austin, 1997
- Texas State Bar
- Representation of investor group in its acquisition of a private $650 million asset bank holding company
- Representation of issuers and underwriters in initial public offerings
- Representation of public bank holding company in its acquisition of a private bank for consideration consisting of stock and cash
- Representation of bank holding company and its subsidiary bank in sale pursuant to Section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code through bankruptcy proceedings
- Representation of issuers and placement agents in various capital offerings including common stock, preferred stock and various types of debt instruments
- Regulatory enforcement matters involving public and private financial institutions and their directors, including negotiation of and compliance with non-public and public enforcement actions
- Representation of broker dealer in connection with regulatory compliance and potential enforcement action
- Advising with respect to private equity investments in financial institutions
- Legal 500 US, recommended lawyer, M&A: Middle-Market ($500m-999m), The Legal 500, 2017
- The Legal 500 United States, Financial Services: Regulatory, Legalease,The Legal 500, 2013, 2015
- Texas Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Thomson Reuters, 2006 – 2007
- "Disparate Impact: How will the U.S. Supreme Court's Decision Impact Fair Lending Practices?," ABA Bank Compliance, September 1, 2015.
- ".bank And Other Domain Names to Open For Financial Institutions...And Others," IP Today, December 2014.
- "Basel III: Impact on Community Banks," BankNews, January 14, 2014.
- "Recapitalizing Banks through Bankruptcy Sales," BankNews, May 1, 2011.
- Participated on the "Legal and Regulatory Developments" panel at the 4th Annual Strategic Opportunities Conference: M&A Prospects for 2016, September 25, 2015
- "Capital Markets, Basel III and Capital Raising Strategies," 41st Annual Texas Bankers Association's Bankers Legal Conference, May 7, 2015.
- "Capital Markets," Independent Bankers Association of Texas' Winter Summit XV, February 8-10, 2015.
- "Basel III," 40th Texas Bankers Association Bankers Legal Conference, April 2014.
- "Getting the Deal Done and Beyond," Texas Bankers Association's "Strategic Opportunities 2013: A Conference for Community Bank Leaders," October 23-25, 2013.
- "The Future with the Regulators," 60th Annual Risk Management Association of Texas, April 2013.
- "Bank M&A in an Uncertain Environment," 39th Texas Bankers Association Bankers Legal Conference, April 2013.
- "Bank Legal and Regulatory Update," Independent Bankers Association of Texas Winter Summit XIII, February 2013.
- "Non-Disclosure Agreements and Issues to Consider in the Wake of Martin Marietta Materials, Inc.," Austin Corporate Counsel Association, September 2012.
- State Bar of Texas
- Austin Bar Association
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Texas Association of Bank Counsel
- Financial Institutions Legal Counsel Network