Charlotte Carter Del Duca
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Charlotte Carter Del DucavCard
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Charlotte Del Duca's practice involves representing lenders and project developers in project financings, particularly the Overseas Private Investment Corporation as outside funding counsel on its international project finance transactions.
JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 2009
MBA, Johns Hopkins University, 2003
BS, cum laude, Georgetown University, 1973
- District of Columbia Bar
- New York State Bar
- Virginia State Bar
Acts as OPIC outside funding counsel in relation to the:
- US$250 million financing of sub-loans issued through First Monument City Bank of Nigeria.
- US$290 million financing of the 141 MW Luz del Norte solar photovoltaic project under development by First Solar in Chile.
- US$250 million financing of the Alto Maipo Hydro Project in Chile.
- US$140 million financing of the 50 MW SunEdison-sponsored San Andres merchant solar power project in Chile. This transaction was named "Latin American Solar Deal of the Year" 2013 by Project Finance magazine.
- US$220 million financing of the 100 MW SunEdison-sponsored Amanecer solar power project in Chile.
- US$250 million financing of the 70 MW Salvador merchant solar power project in Chile, sponsored by Total, Etrion and Solventus.
- US$220 million financing of the 72 MW Crucero solar power project in Chile, sponsored by SunEdison.
- US$175 million financing of sub-loans issued through Akbank to eligible sub-borrowers for renewable energy projects in Turkey.
- US$250 million financing to enhance and rehabilitate K-Energy Limited's transmission and distribution system in Karachi, Pakistan.
- US$80.9 million financing to the 67.2 MW Tres Mesas I wind farm project in Mexico.
- US$150 million financing to SA Taxi project to acquire and sell vehicles to South African taxi operators.
- Represented OPIC Placement Agents in over 20 OPIC-guaranteed bond fundings for loans to international renewable energy projects.
- Represented Bank of America/Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner and Smith on its reissuance of OPIC bonds to fund the extensions of OPIC loans to ongoing overseas projects.
- Represented the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC), the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), KfW Ipex-Bank, Banco Itaú, Corpbanca, Banco del Estado and Banco de Credito on the financing of the US$2 billion, 531 MW Alto Maipo Hydro Project in Chile, sponsored by AES Gener. This transaction was named "Latin American Power Deal of the Year" 2013 by Project Finance International.
- Represented lenders and lead arranger in a US$100 million bridge loan to a distributed solar project secured by the rents from assigned residential and commercial leases.
- Represented an overseas purchaser of four California solar generation projects.
- Represented an international geothermal energy company in its acquisition (through an indirect subsidiary) of all partnership interests in a US geothermal energy generating facility and in its purchase of all membership interests in a US geothermal development project
- Supported client's deliberations regarding a closed-bid acquisition of geothermal energy assets in the southwestern United States.
- Represented Abound Solar, Inc. in connection with a US$400 million DOE-guaranteed financing for its construction of photovoltaic panel manufacturing facilities in Colorado.
- Represented Yale University and Wagner Wind Energy LLC in the US$102 million DOE-guaranteed loan to the 50 MW Record Hill wind power plant in Maine.
- Represented First Wind in connection with the tax equity financing/membership purchase of wind farms in Utah and Vermont.
- Represented international lenders and their domestic subsidiaries in four project applications to USDA Section 9003 Biorefinery Assistance Program.
- FirstWind Energy in connection with a US$117 million DOE financing for the 30 MW Kahuku wind project in Hawaii.
- Sempra Generation in connection with a US$359 million DOE loan guarantee for the construction of the 150 MW Mesquite photovoltaic solar power project in Arizona.
- Cogentrix of Alamosa LLC for a US$90.6 million loan to support one of the first, and the largest, utility scale, concentrating photovoltaic energy generation facilities in the US.
- "DOE Loan Guarantees for Advanced Fossil Fuels: They’re Back!," Project Finance NewsWire, August 2013
- "Federal Loan Guarantees for Projects in Rural Areas," Project Finance NewsWire, August 2013
- "USDA Loan Guarantees: A Viable Alternative for Renewable Energy Projects?," Project Finance NewsWire, March 2011
- Member, the New York Bar Association, the District of Columbia Bar Association, the Virginia Bar Association and the Fairfax County Bar Association
- Senior Executive (retired, 2006), US Federal Government
- Senior Management Advisor, Office of the CIO, 2005–2006
- Director of Plans and Analysis, Corporate Strategic Planner, 2001–2005
- Strategic Planner, Office of the Comptroller, 1997–2001
- Directorate of Intelligence, 1973–1997