Related services and key industries
Richard Susalka represents sponsors, lenders, equity investors and other key players within the energy and oil and gas industries. He has assisted clients in the development, acquisition, financing and management of projects and project portfolios. He has worked on projects in the United States, Puerto Rico, the Middle East, Africa and Europe.
JD, New York University School of Law, 2006
BA, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 2001
- New Jersey State Bar
- New York State Bar
- Represented the lender (Siemens Financial Services) in the financing of Pattern Energy's 101.3 megawatt Santa Isabel wind project, the first major wind project in Puerto Rico.
- Represented the lenders (Siemens Financial Services, Crédit Agricole, and Union Bank) in the financing of Pattern Energy's 151.8 megawatt Spring Valley wind project, the first major wind project in Nevada.
- Represented the sponsor (Duke Energy Corporation) in the US$231 million financing of a 200 megawatt wind project in Wyoming.
- Represented the sponsor in the US$1.2 billion senior secured debt and leveraged lease financing for Phases II through V of the Alta Wind Energy Center, a 570 megawatt greenfield wind energy project in California.
- Represented the sponsor (Duke Energy Corporation) in the US$375 million financing of a 290 megawatt wind portfolio in the United States.
- Represented the lender (Société Générale) in the US$210 million construction financing of a propane-to-propylene facility in Texas.
- Represented the developer/sponsor (Arkalon Ethanol) in the US$124 million construction financing of a 110 million gallon per year ethanol plant in Kansas.
- Represented an equity investor in the financing of a landfill gas to pipeline quality gas project in Ohio.
- Represented various equity investors (including GE Energy Financial Services and others) in connection with various wind project investments.
Project and portfolio management
- Represented AES in connection with financing and project document matters related to its Southland portfolio in California.
- Represented Tenaska Power Fund in connection with financing matters related to a portfolio of assets it acquired from Constellation Power.
- Represented Dexia Crédit Local, New York Branch, as lender in connection with financing matters related to various projects.
- Represented AES in connection with financing matters related to its two coal-fired electricity generating stations in upstate New York.
- Represented a bidder in its bid to develop and construct the Mirfa independent water and power project in Abu Dhabi.
- Represented a bidder in its bid to develop and construct a portfolio of cogeneration projects in Saudi Arabia.
- Represented a bidder in its bid to develop and construct a cogeneration project in Jordan.
- Represented Sithe Global in connection with its development of a biofuel project in Cameroon.
- Represented ACWA Power as lead investor in the acquisition of a 60 megawatt photovoltaic solar project in Bulgaria.
- Represented Hudson Clean Energy Partners in its acquisition of two hydroelectric facilities in New York.
- "Shifting Foundations of Sukuk in Uncertain Times," International Restructuring NewsWire, January 2010
- Co-author, "Back in Black?," Project Finance Magazine, February 2008