Our global employment and labour team is highly regarded for its work across all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law around the world. With lawyers in Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, the Middle East and Africa, our global employment and labour team has experience across a broad spectrum of work.
We work for international businesses and coordinate advice throughout different jurisdictions. We aim to provide thoughtful legal insight and creative thinking to ensure productive workplaces for our clients. We are also able to advise on the employment laws of the DIFC and on some aspects of UAE Federal Law.
Our areas of work include
- recruitment issues
- contracts of employment
- employment policies (ranging from performance, sickness and misconduct procedures, maternity and parental leave schemes to internet and email policies)
- boardroom disputes and severance claims (including team moves and post termination restrictions)
- advice on non-solicitation and non competition agreements
- advising on achieving diversity in the workplace and at board level
- alternative dispute resolution including arbitration
- corporate reorganisations and restructuring (including harmonisation of terms, redundancies and dismissals)
- privacy laws and data protection
- employment litigation (including all areas of discrimination and breach of contract claims in all courts and tribunals
- executive remuneration and corporate governance
- general employment issues (including labour and employment standards and general contractual issues)
- international mobility including dual contracts and international secondments
- collective issues, trade union and other industrial and labour relations issue
- health and safety in the workplace.