Life sciences and healthcare
In Warsaw, our lawyers provide regulatory, tax and M&A advice to domestic and international companies operating across the life sciences and healthcare sectors.
Working with our life sciences and healthcare lawyers around the world, we act for global innovative pharmaceutical, bioscience and technology companies at every stage of the product lifecycle. We provide a full business law service, including regulatory and compliance strategy, intellectual property protections, patent litigations, commercial transactions, and M&A.
Areas of work
- Corporate and commercial transactions, (including M&As)
- We have recently advised a major Polish company specialising in the marketing of medical products and dietary supplements on a tax audit. Our involvment included the preparation of internal procedures intended to minimize a tax risk. (June, 2016)
- We acted for Bayer AG, a German multinational chemical and pharmaceutical company, on the sale of its diabetes line business to Panasonic. (2015)
- We have advised Polish and foreign companies from the pharmaceutical and life sciences sectors on distribution systems.
- We advised a large pharmaceutical company on legal and tax aspects of a year-end transfer pricing adjustment made in relation to the distribution of pharmaceutical products.