Our global team advises on fund formations, investments, mergers and acquisitions and other transactions for funds and asset managers. We also provide tax and regulatory advice in key fund jurisdictions, acting for leading global and regional fund managers and other financial institutions active in the space.
The asset management industry has grown strongly but faces some key challenges; regional, national and international clients benefit from our extensive understanding of regulatory change and important new developments in such areas as ESG and climate change, and we are able to provide strategic legal advice on navigating these issues.
Bolstered by a global network of lawyers in the world’s key markets, we work across borders to help clients emerge in a position of strength. We are able to combine our in-depth legal knowledge with deep industry experience, allowing our lawyers to advise on every aspect of the asset management sector – from fund formations to mergers and acquisitions. We have particular strength in specialist and alternative funds and asset classes, as well as direct experience working with global regulators and trade bodies.
Our areas of work include
- Establishment of listed funds, IPOs and fundraisings
- Fund and asset manager regulation and ESG
- Fund investor review and due diligence
- Information governance, privacy and cybersecurity
- Investment management, co-investments and secondary transactions
- M&A, reorganizations and fund restructuring
- Outsourcing transactions
- Private fund formation and fundraisings
- Securities and shareholder litigation
- Tax, including benefits and executive compensation