Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
- Litigation and disputes
- Business ethics and anti-corruption
- Fraud and asset recovery
- Professional negligence
- Regulation and investigations
- White-collar crime
Jessica Warwick is a litigator with a wide-ranging dispute resolution, investigations, and regulatory practice.
In her litigation practice, Jessica acts for businesses, institutions, and professionals in a broad spectrum of corporate and commercial disputes, insurance matters, and professional liability claims. She has appeared before all levels of court in Ontario.
Jessica's investigations practice involves conducting internal investigations into alleged statutory violations and providing advice on compliance with the Corruption of Foreign Public Officials Act, the Criminal Code, and similar anti-corruption legislation internationally. Jessica has experience assisting with complex white-collar criminal defence matters spanning multiple jurisdictions.
Jessica also provides regulatory advice to financial institutions and market intermediaries on regulatory issues, and assists clients in obtaining required approvals from applicable regulatory authorities and organizations.
- Ontario 2017
Jessica has recently acted in the following matters:
- Successfully moved to have a breach of contract claim stayed on the basis that the Ontario Superior Court was forum non conveniens
- Successfully prosecuted a claim involving alleged fraud by a former employee and obtained a worldwide Mareva injunction order on behalf of a national union
- Successfully obtained summary dismissal of a complex employment law claim on behalf a multinational financial institution
- As a member of an international team of lawyers, conducted internal investigations and provided advice on compliance with the Corruption of Foreign Public Officials Act and other similar anti-corruption legislation around the world, including the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the UK Bribery Act
- Advised insurance companies and corporate intermediaries regarding their licensing and regulatory obligations in the common law provinces following changes of control and corporate reorganizations
- Acted as co-counsel for an institutional party at the coroner's inquest into the death of Jason Simon
- Acted as counsel in a variety of multi-party professional liability, tort, property loss and contractual disputes in Ontario Superior Court
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Women's White Collar Defense Association
- County of Carleton Law Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Pro Bono Law Ontario
Publication | March 27, 2023
Publication | December 6, 2022
Publication | September 15, 2021