Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Jessica Warwick is a litigation lawyer with a wide-ranging dispute resolution practice. She regularly represents clients in commercial disputes, insurance matters, and professional liability claims. She has appeared before all levels of court in Ontario.
Jessica's business ethics and anti-corruption practice includes assisting corporations with internal investigations into alleged statutory violations and providing advice on compliance with the Corruption of Foreign Public Officials Act, the Criminal Code, and similar anti-corruption legislation in other jurisdictions. Jessica also provides regulatory advice to financial institutions.
Jessica joined our Ottawa office as a summer student in 2015 and as an articling student in 2016. While in law school, Jessica worked as a teaching assistant for legal research and writing courses. She also acted as the student editor for the Canadian Journal of Women and the Law from 2014-2016. Graduating summa cum laude, Jessica received several distinctions in recognition of her academic achievement and community involvement.
- Ontario 2017
Jessica has recently acted in the following matters:
- Conflict of laws: Successfully moved to have a breach of contract claim stayed on the basis that the Ontario Superior Court was forum non conveniens
- Fraud and asset recovery: Successfully prosecuted a claim involving alleged fraud by a former employee and obtained a worldwide Mareva injunction order on behalf of a national union
- Business ethics and anti-corruption: Conducted internal investigations and provided advice on compliance with the Corruption of Foreign Public Officials Act and other similar anti-corruption legislation in other jurisdictions
- Coroner's inquest: Acted as co-counsel for an institutional party at the coroner's inquest into the death of Jason Simon
- Dispute resolution: Acted as counsel in a variety of professional liability, tort, property loss and contractual disputes in Ontario Superior Court
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- County of Carleton Law Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Pro Bono Law Ontario
Publication | June 12, 2020
Publication | June 4, 2020
Publication | May 22, 2020 - 3:30 PM ET
Apples to apples no more: Court of Appeal clarifies the proper approach to deducting collateral benefits in Ontario MVA claims
Publication | December 2018