Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Edward Anido practises corporate/commercial law with an emphasis on project finance, securities and M&A. He works across a number of industry sectors, including mining, renewable energy, infrastructure, and professional sports. Edward advises clients on domestic and multi-jurisdictional international project financings (with a growing focus on emerging markets), corporate finance transactions, social/climate fund investments, private mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate/commercial matters. He works with a broad range of corporate clients including charter banks, export credit agencies, mining companies, DFIs, technology companies, and defence contractors.
Before joining the firm, Edward spent two years as Canadian counsel for an international aerospace corporation. His time in-house gives him insight into the needs and priorities of corporate counsel.
- New Brunswick 2014
- Nova Scotia 2015
- Ontario 2017
Edward's recent transactional experience includes acting for:
- The lenders with the refinancing and ongoing development of the Bloom Lake iron ore mine near Fermont, Quebec
- A syndicate of Canadian and international lenders and export credit agency with the financing of the Gahcho Kue diamond mine in the Northwest Territories, Canada
- Lundin Gold Inc. with the project financing of the Fruta del Norte gold mine project in Ecuador
- The National Hockey League in the financing of Canadian hockey clubs
- Development Finance Institute Canada (DFIC) Inc. (dba FinDev Canada) with respect to its private placements in international social and climate impact investment funds
- Ullico Inc. with the acquisitions of two portfolios of commercial solar projects from BlackRock, Inc. and DIF Infrastructure III, respectively
- Acritas Stars 2020 - Designated as an "Independently rated lawyer"
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Association des juristes d'expression française de l'Ontario
- Nova Scotia Barristers' Society