Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Veit Sahlfeld is a finance lawyer based in Hamburg. He advises banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, investors and sponsors on national and cross-border finance transactions, as well as on matters of corporate law related therewith.
He brings commercial and legal insight to the structuring of complex, multi–sourced acquisition, asset and project finance transactions, as well as related corporate and capital market solutions. Veit advises on project bonds including credit enhancements (PBCE) from the European Investment Bank (EIB) under their project bonds initiative.
Veit has extensive experience and knowledge in the areas of real estate, energy, transportation and infrastructure.
He advises clients also in the field of structured finance and securitization.
Veit studied law at the Universities of Heidelberg, Kiel, Lausanne and Passau. He also graduated with an Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Wales. Before joining us, Veit worked for 10 years in an international law firm. He is a native German speaker and is fluent in English
- Fachanwalt für Steuerrecht
- Rechtsanwalt (German qualified lawyer)
- Advising an international syndicate of noteholders, lenders and institutional investors on the €1 billion structured refinancing of German offshore wind farm "Meerwind", operated by WindMW and controlled by private equity investor Blackstone. The refinancing instruments comprised bonds, promissory notes (Schuldscheindarlehen) and bank loans. It is the first placement of senior secured green bonds for an operational German offshore wind farm.
- Advising Deutsche Bank on the construction finance of a portfolio of seven solar farms in the South-West of England and Wales and the subsequent refinancing with project bonds.
- Advising a consortium of banks concerning the financing of the "Monaco-Pipeline" owned by the transmission system operator bayernets.
- Advising the joint lead arrangers, lenders and institutional investors on the financing of the extension and operation of the A7 federal highway between Hamburg and Bordesholm. This was the first PPP project in the German market to be financed by project bonds with EIB project bond credit enhancements and Bank Bridge financing. It was also the first combined bank–bond financing in Europe using the EIB project bond credit enhancement.
- Advising a credit consortium consisting of mandated lead arrangers, banks and institutional investors on a new form of refinancing for the A8 motorway project in Germany. The refinancing was through project bonds, bank loans and a new type of credit support from the European Investment Bank (EIB). The new instrument, Senior Debt Credit Enhancement (SDCE), is provided by the EIB to strengthen the credit quality for financings of infrastructure projects in the form of a funded subordinated loan.
- Advising Amundi in connection with the financing of the acquisition of the shopping center Blechen Carré.
- Advising Amundi Immobilier on the financing of the acquisition of the Zalando HQ in Berlin.
- Advising Amundi on the financing of the acquisition of the Steigenberger Hotel in Berlin.
- Advising a consortium around Allianz in connection with the take-over of Tank and Rast (>3 Bill. EUR).
- Advising a major insurance company in connection with several real estate financings in Germany, Luxembourg, Switzerland and Czech Republic.
- Advising a syndicate comprising the Israeli hotel chain Fattal Hotels Group and other international investors on the financing of the acquisition of 20 hotels in Germany.
- Advising the lead arrangers and lenders in connection with the financing of the acquisition of software company TeamViewer by PE investor Permira.
- Advising Deutsche Bank New York on the financing of the acquisition of the German CeramTec Group by Cinven.
- Sahlfeld, Veit/Pedak, Christian: Vermeidung der doppelten Grunderwerbsteuer beim Grunderwerb durch Immobilien-Spezial-Sondervermögen, ImmoStR, Ausgabe 2, Seiten 62–65, 2011.