The Investment Association (IA), the Association of British Insurers (ABI), the Pensions and Lifetime Savings Association (formerly known as the National Association of Pension Funds), PIRC, ISS and others all advise institutional investors on corporate governance matters and provide voting guidelines in relation to resolutions at company meetings.
- PIRC UK Shareholder Voting Guidelines 2018 - March 2018 (These are not available online but can be purchased from PIRC)
- PLSA Corporate Governance Policy and Voting Guidelines - January 2018
- ISS UK and Ireland Proxy Voting Guidelines 2018 Benchmark Policy Recommendations – January 2018
- Glass Lewis 2018 Proxy Season Guidelines - December 2017
- ICGN Global Governance Principles – October 2016
- IBE stakeholder engagement: values, business culture and society – July 2016
- IA and ABI Guidelines - available on IVIS website and include guidelines on executive compensation and share based remuneration, corporate governance (board effectiveness, responsible voting, role and duties of directors, the responsibilities of institutional shareholders and Companies Act and articles of association guidance), share capital management (directors’ power to allot shares, own share purchases, scrip dividends, shareholders’ preemption rights and vendor placings), transaction guidelines in relation to equity capital markets transactions and the Preemption Group Guidelines on disapplying preemption rights (Note that the Investment Management Association merged with the ABI's Investment Affairs division in June 2014 and was renamed the Investment Association in January 2015)