Related services and key industries
John Cassell is co-chair of the national data protection, privacy and cybersecurity team. John assists clients with all manner of privacy and cybersecurity law issues including: responding to complex local and international cybersecurity incidents, advising on risk management strategies, assisting clients with access to information requests, compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation and proceedings before the offices of the Alberta and federal privacy commissioners.
John also maintains a general commercial civil litigation practice with a particular focus on insolvency and restructuring matters.
LL.B., University of Calgary, 2010
B.A., University of Calgary, 2005
- Alberta 2011
- Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition, Canadian National Qualifying Tournament, Top Oralist, Championship Round A, 2009
- The Priority of Municipal Tax Claims in Receiverships: Addressing a Vexing Issue for the Courts and Practitioners, Annual Review of Insolvency Law 2018.
- Canada's Mandatory Privacy Breach Reporting Requirements Coming Into Force in Canada November 1.
- Corporate Policies for Internet & Technology Use in the Workplace (co-author), Alberta Law Conference, 2012.
- Investigations to Support Just Cause Dismissals - Best Practices and Common Pitfalls (co-author).
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
Publication | April 2018
Publication | September 2017