Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Solène Sfoggia is a dispute resolution and business ethics lawyer based in Paris. She focuses on compliance matters.
Solène advises French and international corporations operating in a broad range of sectors, as well as public entities on their ethics, fraud and compliance issues.
She focuses on global risk prevention, compliance programs and investigations (implementation of anti-corruption and duty of vigilance programs, risk mapping, governance, policies design and review, compliance agreements, training sessions, day-to-day assistance to compliance officers).
In 2018-2019, Solène was seconded to the legal and compliance department of a major telecom and media company to design and implement an anti-corruption program, assisting in a control of the French Anti-Corruption Agency (AFA) as well as training the compliance team.
Solène graduated from the Sorbonne University of Paris, Sciences-Po Paris and Columbia University (New York) with a post graduate degree in Global Business Law and Governance. She was admitted to the Paris Bar in 2016 and is also a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
Before joining the firm, Solène worked for Be-Linked Business and Community Intelligence, a consulting firm focused on corporate and social responsibility (2015) and for a major international law firm, where she practiced as a lawyer in compliance, criminal law and commercial dispute resolution (2016-2020).
She gives lectures on criminal law at Paris 13 University.
Solène is fluent in French, German and English.
Post graduate degree in Global Business Law and Governance from the Sorbonne University of Paris, Sciences-Po Paris and Columbia University (New York).
Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
- Avocat au barreau de Paris 2016
- A major retail group on designing and implementing its Sapin 2 Law compliance program
- An international furniture and home furnishing group on designing and implementing its vigilance plan
- A major telecom group on designing and implementing its Sapin 2 Law compliance program and vigilance plan
- A media group on designing and implementing its Sapin 2 Law compliance program
- A major digital transformation company on its global risk mapping (employment law, white-collar crime, compliance…) and Sapin 2 Law compliance program
- A major public entity on implementing a global ethics and anti-corruption program
- A transportation group on negotiating a compliance agreement in the context of international joint-ventures
- An entertainment and hotel company on designing and implementing its whistleblowing system on a worldwide basis
- A major manufacturing company on designing and implementing its conflict of interests policy
- Several companies on training sessions on compliance for executives and staff
- A tourism company in the context of an internal investigation on suspicions of corruption and fraud practices
- Companies in various sectors in the context of preparation and controls conducted by the French Anti-Corruption Agency (AFA)
- A number of companies on their day-to-day issues with anti-corruption and business ethics
· Co-author, "Enterprises and the first duty of diligence lawsuits », Revue des juristes de Sciences-Po, January 2019
· Co-author, "Risk prevention, justice and new technologies: how to prepare for white collar crime 3.0? », Revue Lamy Droit des Affaires, April 2018
· Co-author, "Employees' important role in enterprises new compliance commitments », Actuel RH, Février 2018
· Co-author, "Between fantasy and reality: the lawyers' role in companies' compliance with the duty of diligence", Dalloz Avocats, March 2017
· Co-author, "Whistleblowing and companies: the challenge of Sapin II", Dalloz, February 2017
· Speaker, conference on compliance officers' duties and responsibility, Cercle de la compliance, Paris, 3 July 2019
· Speaker, conference on climate change cases and business ethics, Sciences-Po, Paris, 25 October 2019