Head of Hong Kong
Norton Rose Fulbright Hong Kong
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Psyche Tai is a corporate lawyer and head of our Hong Kong office, with more than 20 years of Hong Kong capital market experience.
Psyche has significant experience in all aspects of corporate and commercial law, including M&A, public company takeovers, IPOs, reverse takeovers, joint ventures, convertibles, corporate restructuring of Hong Kong and PRC corporations listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and the PRC stock exchanges. Her experience extends to compliance, regulatory, trust-related matters and intellectual property.
She joined the firm in 2003 and became a partner in May 2004.
- Bachelor of law (Honours), University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor's degree in Chinese law from the Peking University, 2002
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Solicitor, qualified in Hong Kong 1995
Advising on IPO:
- Powerwin Tech Group (2405.HK): Main Board IPO and global offering. Represented the Company.
- JBM (Healthcare) (2161.HK): spin-off listing and global offering. Represented the Company.
- Sunac Services (1516.HK): spin-off listing and HK$8bn (US$1bn) global offering. Represented HSBC and Morgan Stanley.
- Poly Property Development (6049.HK): H-share spin-off listing and HK$5.4bn global offering. Represented GF, Huatai, ABCI, CLSA, UBS and CCBI.
- Country Garden Services (6098.HK): spin-off listing by way of introduction. Represented HSBC and Goldman Sachs.
- COFCO Land Holdings/Hong Kong Parkview Group, now known as Joy City Property (0207.HK): HK$14.2bn acquisition of a commercial real estate portfolio from COFCO Land and the placing of shares in a total market value of US$501m. Listing by way of reverse takeover. Represented the Company.
Advising on M&A:
- Chow Tai Fook Enterprises: pre-conditional voluntary general cash offers to acquire all of the issued shares in NWS Holdings (0659.HK) and to cancel all of the outstanding options of NWS for a consideration in aggregate approx. HK$35.47 billion. Represented HSBC, BOCI and ING as joint financial advisers and HSBC as sole structuring adviser, to Chow Tai Fook Enterprises.
- China Taiping Insurance (0966.HK) and Taiping Reinsurance: Ageas' subscription of 25% in the share capital of Taiping Reinsurance for a consideration of HK$3,100 million.
- Beijing Capital Land (delisted, 2868.HK prior to delisting): acquisition of 49% equity stake in a residential-commercial real estate development project in Tianjin city in China from MTR Corporation (0066.HK).
- China Mengniu Dairy (2319.HK): AU$1.5 billion acquisition of Bellamy's Australia Limited (BAL.ASX) by way of a recommended scheme of arrangement.
Leading individual, Corporate (including M&A), The Legal 500 Hong Kong, 2020-2023
Leading individual, Capital markets (Equity), The Legal 500 Hong Kong, 2021-2023
Lawyer of the Year: M&A and PE, Asia Women in Business Law award, 2018
Member of the Company Law Committee of the Law Society of Hong Kong.
Former Company Secretary of The People's Insurance Company (Group) of China Limited (01339.HK).
- Mandarin Chinese
Norton Rose Fulbright advises on the H share listing of China’s largest digital freight platform on Hong Kong Stock Exchange
March 08, 2023
January 12, 2023
June 28, 2021
Publication | April 25, 2023
Publication | February 23, 2023
Update | February 02, 2023