Norton Rose Fulbright US MX, S.C. ("NRF"), with domicile at Paseo de la Reforma No. 115, 24th Floor, Col. Lomas de Chapultepec V Sección, Mexico City, Mexico, Zip Code 11000, is responsible of collecting your personal data, and for the use, handling, custody and protection thereof. This Privacy Notice was prepared to comply with the Federal Law for Personal Data Protection in Possession of Individuals (Ley Federal de Protección de Datos Personales en Posesión de los Particulares) (the "Data Protection Law"), its Regulations and applicable guidelines, and aims to inform you the type of personal data we collect from you, as well as the treatment to which your personal data is subject.
What kind of data do we collect?
Depending on the legal or business relationship you have with NRF, we will collect and be responsible for your information and/or personal data and its use, as well as its protection.
NRF may request information and data from you that may be considered as sensitive personal data, as well as financial information that allows us to identify you and confirm your identity. These data may include:
- Name or company name, address, tax domicile, date of birth or incorporation date, e-mail, telephone number, nationality or place of incorporation
- Financial information such as bank accounts, loans, movable and immovable property, assets and liabilities
- Official documents that evidence your identity and the information that you provide us, such as voting card, passport, visa, driver's license or, if applicable, documents that evidence the incorporation of the company, as well as other identification information including your Federal Taxpayers' Registry Number (RFC), or your Unique Code of Population Registry (CURP)
- References from individuals who can confirm the information provided to NRF
- Any other necessary information required for the fulfilment of the contractual relationship
For what do we use your personal data?
The personal information you provide to us, including sensitive and financial data, will be used to manage and process the matters entrusted by you to NRF, in connection with your legal or commercial relationship with NRF.
Some of the personal data you provide to us may be considered as sensitive data according to the Data Protection Law. For the purposes of this privacy notice, data which reveal aspects such as racial or ethnic origin, present and future health status, genetic information, religious, philosophical and moral beliefs, trade union memberships, political opinions, and sexual preferences, are considered sensitive data.
NRF is committed to protect your privacy while processing your personal, sensitive and financial data. Accordingly, NRF undertakes to make proper use of your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Law, good faith, public order and this notice.
Purposes that origin the existing legal relationship between you and NRF:
- Provide and inform you of the services we provide
- Identify and confirm your identity in any legal or business relationship that links you to NRF
- If applicable, evaluate the quality and follow up on the services NRF provides you
- The fulfillment of obligations in charge of NRF under the applicable regulations
- Tax and invoicing purposes
Who we share your information with and for what purposes?
Your personal data will be processed by NRF's personnel and when appropriate, may be shared with notary publics, accountants, attesting officials or experts, and/or other individuals or legal entities with whom NRF has partnered up to offer joint services, so as to provide our services, fulfill the obligations assumed by NRF on your behalf, to enforce the obligations assumed by you on behalf of NRF, to carry out the procedures and operations derived from such relationship and for invoicing the services provided by NRF.
Considering that NRF is part of an international corporate group, NRF may (i) transfer, use, store, process or share the information and/or personal data you provide - or to which NRF has access to - with other entities of the corporate group to which NRF belongs; (ii) transfer, use, store, process or share such information and/or personal data with non-affiliated third parties assisting in the provision of services that NRF provides to you or your representative; and/or, (iii) transfer, use, store, process or share such information and/or personal data in a country other than the one in which such information was received.
As a general rule, your personal data will not be transferred to third parties except for the fulfillment of legal requirements or obligations before the competent authorities such as public registries, tax authorities, or judicial or administrative authorities. Nevertheless, we reserve the possibility to transfer such data to persons with whom NRF has partnered up in order to provide joint services, including the possibility to transfer your personal data abroad.
When NRF intends to transfer personal data to national or foreign third parties, NRF will communicate to them the content of this privacy notice and the conditions to which the holder has condition its processing. When the transfer is necessary for the maintenance or fulfillment of the legal relationship between NRF and the personal data subject, the owner's consent will not be required.
Where is the information kept?
NRF may keep your personal data in databases located at its current address or in any other future location, whether in Mexico or abroad. The conservation term shall never exceed the necessary term for the fulfillment of the purposes referenced in this notice. Therefore, once such purposes have been fulfilled, the data in NRF possession shall be cancelled and blocked for its subsequent deletion.
How can you limit the use or disclosure of your personal information?
You or your legal representative may limit the use and disclosure of your personal information through the following means that we have implemented:
- Personally by submitting your request addressed to the Personal Data Protection Officer located at our offices
- By sending your request by e-mail to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to exercise your access, rectification, cancellation and opposition rights?
You or your legal representative may request NRF, at any time, access, rectification, cancellation or opposition regarding the personal data that concerns you. For such purpose, you only need to send a written request to our address, duly signed by you or by your legal representative, addressed to the Personal Data Protection Officer, or by sending a communication to email@example.com. Your request must include at least the following:
- Name and address of the owner of the information
- Document that evidence your identity or, if applicable, the legal representation of your legal representative
- Contact information to communicate the answer to your request
- Clear and precise description of the personal data on which you seek to exercise any of these rights and description of your request
- Any other element or document that facilitates the location of the relevant information and/or data
NRF reserves the right to deny the corresponding request, whether totally or partially, (i) in case it not complies with the aforementioned requirements, as well as the information and minimum annexes referred to in the Data Protection Law; (ii) when the applicant is not the owner of the personal data, or the legal representative is not duly credited for such effects; (iii) when the applicant's personal data are not found in NRF's database; (iv) when third party rights are on risk; (v) when as a consequence of, or by virtue of, an authority demand or applicable regulations, NRF is unable to attend such request; and (vi) when the rectification, cancellation or opposition has been previously made.
Modifications to the Privacy Notice
NRF may update and/or modify the terms of this Privacy Notice at any time, in which case, it shall communicate such situation on its website www.nortonrosefulbright.com or by sending an e-mail to the address provided by you for such purposes.
How to contact us?
If you have any questions or queries about this Privacy Notice, you may address them:
- To the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
- By written notice, submitted to the Personal Data Protection Officer located at our office address