Norton Rose Fulbright Studio Legale
Related services and key industries
Gennaro Mazzuoccolo is a banking lawyer based in Milan. His focus is project finance (energy and infrastructure) and shipping finance.
In the project finance sector, Gennaro has experience of advising on renewable energy (solar and wind) projects and export financing supported by SACE and other export credit agencies.
In the shipping sector, Gennaro has advised domestic and international banks and financial institutions on shipping and shipping finance matters, including fleet financing, vessel registration and shipping company acquisition.
Gennaro graduated with honours from the Università di Napoli in 1999 and qualified as an Italian avvocato in 2002. Prior to joining us in 2008, he worked in Milan and London for major international legal practices. He also worked as an in-house lawyer for the Italian bank, Banca d’Intermediazione Mobiliare IMI S.p.A.
He is a native Italian speaker and is fluent in English.
- Università di Napoli, 1999.
- Avvocato, qualified in Italy
- Shipping finance (Italy), Gennaro Mazzuoccolo is highlighted for his "vast and in-depth knowledge of the Italian shipping market." He leads the team and advises banks on the financing of acquisitions and on non-performing loan transactions. Chambers Europe, 2019
- Shipping Lawyer of the Year, Legalcommunity Finance Awards, 2019
- Banking and finance (Borrower Side and Lender or arranger side), Gennaro Mazzuoccolo is a "key adviser" and "key contact", Legal 500 EMEA, 2018
- Band 1 – Shipping finance, Shipping finance expert Gennaro Mazzuoccolo regularly advises an impressive client roster on a selection of shipping finance and restructuring mandates. He recently assisted Mediocredito Italiano with the refinancing of a RO-PAX vessel. Sources describe him as an "excellent lawyer." Chambers Europe, 2018
- Banking and finance: Key practitioner, Legal 500 EMEA, 2017
- Restructuring and insolvency: Recommended, Legal 500 EMEA, 2017
- Band 1 – Shipping Finance: Gennaro Mazzuoccolo is a shipping finance expert, advising domestic and international clients on matters such as fleet financings, export credit-backed financing and shipping company acquisitions. One client states: "He knows the field very well, as well as the commercial needs of his clients." Chambers Europe, 2017
- Band 1 – Shipping finance: "Shipping practice head Gennaro Mazzuoccolo advises a number of high-profile banks and financial institutions, both domestic and international. He is described as "an expert" in this field. Chambers Europe, 2016
- Banking and finance: "Gennaro Mazzuoccolo is highly rated", Legal 500 EMEA, 2016
- Restructuring and insolvency: "Gennaro Mazzuoccolo is a key figure", Legal 500 EMEA, 2016
- Shipping: "Market observers note that Gennaro Mazzuoccolo (Band 1) has a thorough knowledge of all shipping finance matters and the shipping sector in general." Chambers Europe, 2014
- Banking and finance: "Gennaro Mazzuoccolo is recommended", Legal 500 EMEA, 2014
- Shipping: "Gennaro Mazzuoccolo wins plaudits for his shipping finance expertise. He recently advised Banca IMI on a EUR35 million loan facility to Premuda International", Chambers Europe, 2013
- Banking and finance: Gennaro Mazzuoccolo is "recommended", Legal 500 EMEA, 2013
- Shipping: "Shipping is an important focus for this global firm and the same is true of its Italian practice. Although not involved in regular shipping transactions, it is highly active in shipping finance matters and has sustained a healthy deal flow despite the challenging economic climate. The group recently advised the European Investment Bank on a EUR150 million financing package provided to Grimaldi Compagnia di Navigazione for the acquisition of new vessels. Gennaro Mazzuoccolo is the main practice contact." Chambers Europe, 2012
- Shipping: "This shipping practice is incorporated into the firm's banking department and is dedicated to advising banks on shipping finance matters. Benefiting from an extensive international network, the team recently advised UniCredit on a EUR30 million financing for tug boats. Clients praise the quality of the service received, commenting that the group “is able to attend to all our needs. Partner Gennaro Mazzuoccolo is the main contact for shipping work." Chambers Europe 2011
Gennaro is co-author of numerous publications on banking and finance law, including the Italian chapter in the World Bank Doing Business Survey, 2009.
Gennaro is a regular speaker at conventions and seminars on project finance, energy law and shipping finance.
November 13, 2019
October 17, 2019
April 01, 2019