Related services and key industries
Florent Trouiller is a tax lawyer based in Luxembourg and is head of our Luxembourg tax practice.
Florent is skilled in national and international tax law, with a particular focus on cross-border transactions. He has extensive experience of advising on private equity and real estate investments, as well as the structuring of regulated and unregulated investment funds. He has also significant experience, both in Luxembourg and abroad, assisting clients with all tax aspects of banking, capital market and securitization transactions.
Florent has recently assisted several Luxembourg-based real estate asset managers with the tax structuring of their pan-European acquisitions.
He has also recently advised several UK managers on the tax structuring of Luxembourg-based debt funds and the downstream investment structure in coordination with the target jurisdictions, as well as the investor jurisdictions.
- Master of Science in Management, EMLYON Business School, 2006
- Erasmus programme, Copenhagen Business School, 2005
- Certificate, Corporate Law, University of Montpellier I, 2003
- Business Law and Taxation, University of Lyon, DESS, 2003
- Private law, University of Lyon, Maîtrise, 2002
- Avocat à la Cour, Barreau de Luxembourg 2008
- Avocat, Barreau de Luxembourg 2006
Tier 2, Tax, The Legal 500, 2023
"Florent Trouiller provides excellent advice."
"Florent Trouiller is my go-to person when I have a problem in Luxembourg. He has been working with us for several years and is the very definition of trusted advisor. He has excellent knowledge of evolving Luxembourg tax regulations and deal structuring, but more than that he takes an interest in us as a company and understands our preferences, restrictions and concerns, which allows him to give very tailored advice."
"The client-oriented and cost-effective team is very reactive and always offer practical solutions and best practice under local regulations."
Band 4, Tax, Chambers and Partners Europe, 2023
- "We strongly recommend Florent Trouiller. He is proactive and a critical thinker, and offers adapted solutions to complex topics."
- "Florent Trouiller is a highly dedicated tax lawyer, an expert in this field."
Highly regarded practitioner, Tax controversy, Transactional tax, World Tax, 2024
Highly regarded practitioner, World Tax, 2023
"The team is wonderfully responsive, always to the point and commensurate in fees."
"Very pragmatic, reliable and responsive."
"Reactive, clear answers."
"Knowledgable and proactive tax team."
"Very reactive. Able to elaborate clearly and have the message come across to clients on technical issues."
Excellent: Wealth management, Leaders League, 2023 and 2024
Highly recommended: Transfer pricing, Corporate tax, Leaders League, 2023 and 2024
Band 4, Tax, Chambers and Partners Europe, 2022
"comprehensivee and very clear when explaining the rules and consequences."
Tier 3, Tax, The Legal 500, 2022
"very efficient and attuned to trends."
Tax: Luxembourg, Chambers and Partners Europe, 2019
"dynamic, pragmatic and smart with a creative approach"
"thorough knowledge in all legal, financial and corporate aspects."
Band 2, Private equity, The Legal 500, 2019
"brilliant international experience."
Chambers and Partners Europe, 2018
"excellent technical knowledge and experience advising on cross-border taxation matters".
- Co-author, Luxembourg chapter of the European Investment Fund Review, Legal, regulatory and tax, No. 4, November 2023
- Co-author, "UK - Luxembourg double tax treaty: ratified by both Luxembourg and UK Particular significance for UK real estate holding structures", www.nortonrosefulbright.com, July 2023
- Co-author, "ATAD 3: The Unshell Directive | Where are we now and what are the next steps?", www.nortonrosefulbright.com, June 2023
- Author, "The criminal tax liability of the banker", ALJB, Luxembourg banking association, Larcier, 2014
- Author, "Amendments to the Parent-Subsidiary Directive", Ace Luxembourg, Kluwer editions, 2014
- Author, "Exchange of advance tax agreements", Ace Luxembourg, Kluwer editions, 2016
- Author, "Criminal tax issues further to the Luxembourg tax reform", International Fiscal Association, Legitech editions, 2018
- IFE conference since 2009, various international tax matters
- Meetincs conferences 2017 and 2018, Luxembourg and international tax matters
- Finix conference 2018, international tax matters
- IBA 2016, international tax matters
- International Fiscal Association
- AMCHAM tax committee
- Tax Committees, Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry
- Luxembourg Private Equity & Venture Capital Association (LPEA)
UK - Luxembourg double tax treaty: ratified by both Luxembourg and UK Particular significance for UK real estate holding structures
Publication | July 31, 2023
Publication | June 2023
Publication | March 08, 2023