Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Christian Dargham is a business ethics and dispute resolution lawyer based in Paris. Between 1992 and 1999, Christian started his career at Célice-Blancpain-Soltner before the French Supreme Court. He then joined Archibald Andersen until 2001, followed by Clifford Chance Europe in 2013 and joined us in April 2013.
He has extensive experience of business ethics and investigations, including: implementing global compliance policies; day-to-day assistance to compliance officers; audits and assessment of compliance policies; training sessions; integrity due diligence; investigations in areas such as corruption and fraud; and international sanctions.
His experience also covers litigation for contractual disputes, product liability, white collar crime and arbitration. Christian represents leading industrial groups and international financial institutions.
Christian is regularly interviewed and quoted by French media, including, Le Monde, Le Figaro, Les Echos, La Tribune, L'Agefi, La Croix, L'Obs, Le JDD, RTL, BFM Business, and France 2. He has also featured in the Global Investigations Review for compliance issues.
Christian teaches at Sciences-Po Paris, Paris 2 Panthéon-Assas University (DU Compliance) and the Institut des Hautes Etudes de Défense Nationale (IHEDN). Christian is a member of the Scientific Committee and a regular publisher of the International Review of Compliance and Business Ethics.
Christian is fluent in French, English and Arabic.
- Avocat au Barreau de Paris
- Chambers has described him as "incredibly experienced in both domestic and cross-border regulatory, compliance and government enforcement issues. Offers in-depth knowledge of corporate investigations and litigation. Integrated global practice group supports clients throughout all stages of the establishment of compliance programmes, assessing potential regulatory breaches and representation in investigations. The lawyers give a platform to clients which is not purely legal but also very commercially-minded."
- Band 1 both individually and at a team level: corporate compliance & investigations, Chambers Europe 2019 - France
- Band 1 and key individual: compliance, Legal 500, 2019, France, where he is described as having "great knowledge of compliance" as well as "availability and discretion.
- La lutte contre la corruption: créatrice de valeur pour l'entreprise, Le Monde, 25 January 2017
- Anti-Corruption Provisions of the 'Law Sapin': What are the Immediate Impacts for Companies, International Review of Compliance and Business Ethics, 30 March 2017
- Enquêtes internes: coopérer avec les autorités n'est pas se soumettre, Le Monde, 23 November 2017
- Co-author, French chapter of the International Comparative Legal Guide to Corporate Investigations 2018, the Global Legal Group, 2nd Edition, December 2017
- The First DPAs "à la française" relating to Corruption Cases, International Review of Compliance and Business Ethics, 28 June 2018
- Author of "The First DPAs "à la française" relating to Corruption Cases", International Review of Compliance and Business Ethics, 28 June 2018
- Co-author, French chapter of the International Comparative Legal Guide to Corporate Investigations 2018 published by the Global Legal Group, 2018, then 2019
- Author of "Lutter concrètement contre la corruption", L'Orient-Le-Jour (Lebanon), 12 January 2019
- Speaker, conference on business and human rights and French bill of law on duty of vigilance, January 31, 2017
- Speaker, conference on how to implement the 8 anti-corruption provisions of Sapin 2 law in practice, Norton Rose Fulbright, March 16, 2017
- Speaker, OECD Forum, Corporate Liability for Corruption and other Economic Crimes, Paris, March 30, 2017
- Speaker, Lamy Conference, Compliance et corruption: ce que va changer la loi Sapin II, Paris, April 21, 2017
- Speaker, Institut des Hautes Etudes de Défense Nationale on Internal Investigations, Paris, May 30, 2017
- Speaker, American Bar Association/London White Collar Crime Institute, An International Perspective on Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption, London, October 9, 2017
- Speaker, business and legal forum, how to conduct effective internal investigations, Paris, October 12, 2017
- Speaker, how to practically implement the law on Devoir de vigilance, Norton Rose Fulbright, November 15, 2017
- Speaker, BFM Business, how to overcome corruption in France alongside Charles Duchaine, Head of French Anti-corruption Agency, May 29, 2018
Moderator, roundtable with the Agence Française Anticorruption about controls and Sapin 2 requirements, Norton Rose Fulbright, 17 October 2018
Moderator, roundtable on how French businesses can manage or mitigate U.S. litigation risk, together with US partners, 7 November 2018
Speaker on how to conduct an internal investigation, Leaders in Law Academy, 20 November 2018
Speaker on how to manage an ethical alert, ACOP2, Paris, 26 November 2018
Speaker on international sanctions, Le Cercle de la Compliance, 4 December 2018
Speaker on international sanctions, 9 April 2019
Speaker on arbitration and corruption, Master Droit et Ethique des Affaires, 18 April 2019
Speaker on update relating to AFA reports, Norton Rose Fulbright, 10 July 2019
Publication | October 10, 2019
Publication | October 2018
Publication | Decembre 2016