Related services and key industries
Will is a senior associate in the London asset finance team and specialises in aircraft related transactions. Will acts for airlines, banks and lessors on a wide variety of aviation financing and leasing transactions including the sale and purchase of aircraft, leasing (both finance and operating leases), sale and leasebacks, debt financing (for both commercial and corporate aircraft) and export credit agency backed financing structures.
Will has acted for large corporate clients and private individuals in respect of the acquisition, financing and operating structures (both on a private category and commercial air transport basis) for corporate aircraft.
Will also advises clients on a broad range of aviation commercial agreements such as engine leases and support agreements, wet leases, charter agreements, maintenance general terms agreements and ground handling agreements.
- Bristol Law School – Legal Practice Course
- Brunel University – B.A.. (Hons) Law
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Acting for Virgin Atlantic Airways on the sale and leaseback of 11 Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners with AerCap and Avolon;
- Advising SAS in respect of the sale and leaseback of 17 A320 NEO aircraft;
- Advising WOW air on the negotiation of operating leasing and sale and leaseback financing of new Airbus A321-200 CEO, A321-200 NEO, A320 CEO and A320 NEO aircraft from various lessors;
- Acting for Emirates on the sale and lease back of an Airbus A380 aircraft with Investec;
- Advising FlyNas in respect of various operating leases (including A320 re-fleeting programme), engine leases, aircraft subleases and novations;
- Acting for LOT Polish Airlines in respect of:
- Various operating leases of Boeing 787-8 and 787-9 aircraft from ACG, ALC and Avolon
- UKEF backed financing of two Boeing 787-8 aircraft with Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 engines
- Operating leasing of six Embraer 190 aircraft;
- Advising Lloyds Banks plc in respect of the financing and leasing of a portfolio of Rolls Royce Trent 500, 700 and 800 engines;
- Advising a syndicate of lenders on a multicurrency revolving credit facility made available to a major international airline and secured by a pool of wide body aircraft and aircraft engines;
- Advising Saudia / Flyadeal on the leasing of 6 new A320 aircraft from DAE.
Next Generation Lawyer, Legal 500, Asset Finance and Leasing (2017)