Our team in Latin America provides expert advice on business ethics and anti-corruption matters and on managing a full range of risks. We work closely with our clients and other specialists to provide expert advice across our key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; life sciences and healthcare.
Our business ethics and anti-corruption team has multi-jurisdictional experience; they advise and represent clients on both local and international anti-corruption issues. Our team advises clients on how to meet national and international compliance needs and requirements across a wide range of risks, including anti-corruption.
Our areas of work include
- Advice on compliance and integrity issues including program design, implementation, maintenance and evaluation of anti-corruption policies and part of a broader compliance program.
- Advising on “disloyal” management issues, anti-bribery, anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, employment issues, fraud and collusion and market misconduct.
- Due diligence of target companies and intermediaries in the context of corporate acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, ongoing relationships and transactions that involve risks.
- Investigations into often commercially-sensitive matters using our multi-jurisdictional team and knowledge.
- Global knowledge and reach, with lawyers throughout Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, the United States, Africa and the Middle East who supplement our business ethics and anti-corruption expertise in Latin America.
- Strategic advice in the context of mergers and acquisitions.