Related services and key industries
Sean is a corporate lawyer based in London. He is the global head of our FinTech practice and is head of our Technology and Innovation practice in EMEA.
Sean has experience of a broad range of international corporate matters including, public and private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity buy-outs and venture capital and growth equity investments. He has considerable experience of advising purchasers of software businesses and of interacting with private equity sellers.
Sean also advises clients on the development and deployment of financial services technology and on investments, acquisitions and joint ventures in the FinTech sector. He is a widely recognised FinTech expert and is the co-chair of the US Chamber of Digital Commerce's Smart Contracts Alliance. Sean is frequently sought after to speak at conferences in the UK and the US and for commentary in the press.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- ValueAct Capital on its £1.2 billion consortium bid with CVC Capital Partners for Misys Plc, the banking software provider.
- Symphony Technology Group on its £99.6m recommended bid for Kewill plc, the trade and logistics software provider.
- IRIS Software Group on the acquisition of Cascade Human Resources Limited, a leading provider of HR and payroll solutions.
- Kleiner Perkins and Institutional Venture Partners on several rounds of investment in Shazam Entertainment Limited, the smartphone-based music identification service.
- NetScout Systems, Inc. on the acquisition of Psytechnics, a leading provider of performance management technology.
- Scottish Equity Partners and management on the £39.4m sale of Control Circle, a provider of complex managed hosting and cloud-based services, to Alternative Networks Plc.
- Oracle Systems Corporation on the acquisition of Advanced Visual Technologies Limited.
- SuccessFactors on the European aspects of its $3.4 billion sale to SAP.
- Barloworld on the sale of its Barloworld Logistics supply chain software division to LLamasoft, Inc.
- Tiger Global Management on its investment in Alex & Alexa, the online retailer of luxury brands for children.
- The shareholders of Progenitor Labs, a regenerative medicine company, on a £4m investment by SR One, GlaxoSmithKline’s corporate venture fund.
- CGI on the sale of its rFrame regulatory reporting product suite to Wolters Kluwer.
- NYSE Technologies on the acquisition of Metabit, a leading Tokyo based provider of high performance market access products throughout Japan and Asia.
- NGEN Partners as lead investor in a $12 million investment in nlyte Software Limited.
March 08, 2019
February 08, 2019
April 25, 2018
Event | September 10, 2019
Publication | April 18, 2019
Webinar | Various dates to choose from
Webinar | November 15, 2018