Related services and key industries
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Financial investors
- Financial services and regulation
- Regulation and investigations
- Risk consulting
Sun Hong is a corporate lawyer based in Shanghai.
Sun has more than 20 years' experience in China-related corporate and regulatory matters.
She represents clients in cross-border transactions including foreign direct investment, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and general corporate and commercial projects involving PRC assets or entities across a wide spectrum of sectors. In addition, Sun has in-depth insight into the legal system of China and the regulatory and compliance risks encountered by multinationals doing business in China. She is particularly experienced in dealing with China's financial regulations and has advised clients on both transactions and specific regulatory issues.
Sun qualified in China in 1999. She spent four years in the legal affairs office of a local government and five years with a PRC local law firm before joining the firm in June 2006. In 2003 and 2004 Sun received training in the UK and HK under the Lord Chancellor's Training Scheme for Young Chinese Lawyers.
She is recognized for capabilities and experience by Acritas and The Legal 500.
- Lawyer, qualified in People's Republic of China
- A UK company - on its potential acquisition of a minority stake (with the call option to increase the shareholding) in a Chinese company providing business aviation services
- An Australian investor - on its buy-out of the Chinese domestic joint venture partner following occurrence of deadlock circumstances
- A global commodities group - on its proposed joint ventures with Chinese partners (involving a state-owned enterprise and a private company) to conduct edible oil manufacture and trading business in China
- A global leading battery manufacturer - on the China aspect of its acquisition of the battery and portable lighting business from a US company
- A global commodities group - on the China aspect of the sale of its global metals business to a Chinese fund
- A London-listed engineering company - on its buyout of the Chinese partner in a joint venture in east China
- A global leader in commercial real estate services - on its acquisition of a Chinese company which is one of China's leading construction project management consultancies
- A leading international bank - on a wide range of regulatory issues relating to its proposed online offering of services to onshore and offshore customers covering the whole range from deal information sharing, transaction management to financing
- Preparing a regulatory matrix for a US headquartered financial services provider on the PRC legal regime governing a wide range of services and products that the US entity is looking to transact with Chinese counterparties
- Establishing an online portal for a Canada headquartered bank which hosts all the major legislation in China applicable to the bank and its business operation in China
Stand-out Talent, Acritas Stars survey, 2018-2021
Leading Individual in Corporate and M&A: China, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2019-2023
Leading Individual in Regulatory/compliance: China, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2021-2023
Publication | September 18, 2023
Publication | September 04, 2023
Publication | July 26, 2023