Related services and key industries
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Asset-based lending
- Capital markets
- Life sciences and pharmaceuticals
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Private equity and venture capital
- Real estate
Key industry sectors
Torsten Sauer is a corporate and M&A lawyer based in Luxembourg. He has a wealth of experience of advising clients (mainly listed multinationals, asset managers, HNWIs, insurance/reinsurance undertakings, pension plans and pharmaceutical companies) on corporate law and governance matters, public and private M&A (including joint ventures, reorganisations and re-financings of groups of companies), private equity and structuring of corporate finance transactions.
Torsten is also regularly involved in complex real estate and capital market transactions, with a strong focus on the German market and the DACH-region. Prior to joining the firm, Torsten worked for leading international law firms in Paris, New York and Luxembourg.
He is a standing member of the New York, Paris and Luxembourg bars and is fully proficient in English, French and German.
Torsten obtained law degrees from the universities of Saarbrücken (Diplom-Jurist), Panthéon-Assas (Maîtrise) and Cornell (LLM) and is a graduate of HEC School of Management (Paris) and ESCP Europe. Torsten holds a certificate in private international law from the Hague Academy of International Law.
Professional experienceExpand all Collapse all
- Attorney at law New York
- Avocat à la Cour Luxembourg
- Avocat au barreau de Paris
Highly recommended: Corporate/M&A, Luxembourg, Leaders League, 2023
- Co-author, "Financial services M&A", Lexology, 2022
- Co-author with Mathis Bredimus, Fiduciary duties of Luxembourg company directors during an acquisition process, RPDA, 2021/10
- Co-author with Manfred Dietrich, Luxembourg Chapter of Governance, Legal Guidelines for International Management, Palgrave Macmillan, 2012
- Co-author with Manfred Dietrich, Luxembourg Chapter of Governance International: Rechtsleitfaden für die Management-Praxis, Schäffer-Pöschel, 2011
- The geographical optimisation of cross-border LBOs: a comparative legal and financial study of the French, German and Luxembourg systems, Les Echos de la Recherche, ESCP-EAP Paris, 2007
Publication | March 08, 2023
Financial services M&A
Publication | December 21, 2022
Disclosure letters to share purchase agreements - Basics of the procedure and outline of Luxembourg market practice
Publication | September 21, 2022