Sustainable finance is gaining momentum, driven by international initiatives to tackle climate change and promote sustainable development on one hand, and the recognition of the critical role which sustainability plays in a resilient global financial system on the other.
“Expertise in green bonds and green investments, as well as the financing of renewable energy projects, acting for both sponsors and lenders.” Chambers Global, 2022
Increasingly, financial institutions will need to assess, monitor and disclose the sustainability of their investments. Regulatory intervention is increasing in some markets, while voluntary initiatives are being adopted in others. This also presents an opportunity, within the appropriate frameworks, for the development of new products and services, driving value and furthering climate-related and environmental, social and governance (ESG) objectives.
Our global team of finance lawyers can advise on all aspects of sustainable finance, including financial services regulation, voluntary codes of practice, green funds, sustainable finance products and sustainable equity and debt investments, including green bonds and green loans. With lawyers situated in the world’s financial centers, as well as global emerging markets, we are well positioned to provide clients across key industry sectors comprehensive legal advice on the full range of sustainable finance matters.
Our areas of work include
- Climate change and sustainability
- Emerging markets
- Environmental, social and governance (ESG)
- Financial services and regulation
- Green bonds and green loans
- Green funds
- Islamic finance
- Public and government finance
- Regulatory compliance consulting
- Sustainable debt and equity investments
- Sustainable finance products
- Voluntary codes of practice
- Chambers Global, Global-wide: Banking and Finance, Chambers and Partners, 2022
- Chambers Global, Global-wide: Climate Change, Chambers and Partners, 2022