Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Steven Choi is a construction and engineering lawyer based in Sydney.
Steven specialises in construction law and has acted for developers, contractors and sub-contractors, advising them on a broad range of construction projects around Australia and overseas, with a focus on renewable energy and data centre projects.
Steven has extensive experience in drafting and negotiating a wide range of project related agreements including bespoke EPC contracts and adapting and tailoring standard form contracts (such as Australian Standards and FIDIC) for the specific requirements of the project and client.
Steven has also acted for clients in construction litigation matters in both the Supreme and District courts of NSW and adjudications under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 1999.
Steven holds a Masters of Law and Legal Practice, Bachelor of Economics (Accounting) and Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment.
- Admitted in New South Wales 2006
- Marengo Mining – Advised on its proposed development of the $2 billion Yandera Project, a copper mine in PNG.
- AAC – Advised on its development of a new $70m private hospital in Wollongong.
- FRV – Advised on the development of its 24.7 MW photovoltaic Royalla Solar Farm and ongoing contractual administration and disputes.
- Infigen – Advised on the proposed development of its 39.5 MW Capital Solar Farm and 100MW Capital Wind Farm 2, and on the development of its 140.7MW Capital Wind Farm and 48.3MW Woodlawn Wind Farm.
- Hewlett Packard – Advised on the development of its $200 million Aurora data centre at Eastern Creek NSW.
- Longton Capital (Chinese developer) – Advised on numerous proposed large scale residential developments across Sydney.