Related services and key industries
Jon Perry is a corporate lawyer based in London. He focuses on cross-border M&A with an emphasis on the mining sector.
Jon acts on a wide range of mergers, acquisitions and takeovers, IPOs and other equity raisings, joint ventures and corporate restructuring transactions, including public takeovers. He acts for listed and private companies, as well as for private equity funds. He has particular experience in the mining sector, as well as food, commodities and infrastructure. Jon has also worked for clients in the telecommunications, financial institutions and industrial sectors. His focus is on complex cross-border transactions, and he has significant experience of deals in jurisdictions across Asia, South America and Africa.
Jon is qualified as a solicitor in both England and Hong Kong. He has practiced in both our London and Hong Kong offices, and has worked across the Asian region. He is a member of the Company Law sub-committee of the City of London Law Society.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Solicitor, qualified in Hong Kong
- Advised Randgold on its $18bn merger with Barrick Gold Corporation
- Advised Appian on various investments and on the sale of its Atlantic Nickel and Serrote mines in Brazil
- Advised Barrick Gold Corporation and Centamin on the negotiation of mining permit agreements in Egypt
- Advised Kerry Group PLC on the sale of its meats and meals business, and on the sale of its sweets business
- Advised Louis Dreyfus Company (LDC) on the sale of its seeds and inputs division, the sale of its metals division, and on a strategic equity investment by ADQ
- Advised Balfour Beatty on disposals of infrastructure assets in the UK including its interest in the Gloucester Waste project
Publication | February 05, 2024
Briefing | February 01, 2024
Publication | October 31, 2023