Related services and key industries
Anne Meadows is an antitrust, competition and regulatory lawyer based in London.
Working within our economic regulation practice, she has significant experience of advising regulated utilities in connection with price controls and appeals, investigations, regulatory compliance and enforcement, and judicial review.
Anne has in-depth sectoral knowledge, interest and understanding, bolstered by experience working as Principal Legal Adviser at Ofwat (the economic regulator of the water sector in England and Wales) and on secondment to one of the Competition and Markets Authority's predecessor bodies, the Office of Fair Trading. This helps her provide practical, informed and well-targeted advice to clients in relation to their strategic engagements with competition authorities and regulators.
More generally, Anne has experience across the full range of EU and UK competition and regulatory law, including merger control, competition compliance and investigations, State aid and subsidy control, public procurement and judicial review. This gives her wider perspective and insight, which she uses to support clients in horizon-scanning and promoting positive outcomes.
- MA Jurisprudence, Worcester College, Oxford, 2002
- Legal Practice Course, The College of Law, Chester, 1999
- Bachelor of Civil Law (BCL) Postgraduate Degree, Worcester College, Oxford, 1998 (with a particular focus on Competition Law, Comparative Public Law and European Business Regulation)
- BA (Hons) Jurisprudence, Worcester College, Oxford, 1997
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Bristol Water PLC - on its successful appeal before the Competition and Markets Authority for redetermination of Ofwat's PR19 price control settlement
- National Grid Electricity Transmission plc and National Grid Gas plc - on appeals before the Competition and Markets Authority challenging aspects of Ofgem's RIIO-T2 price control settlement, and in relation to subsequent judicial review proceedings brought by another appellant
- Energy Networks Association - as an intervener in the appeal by NATS En-Route Limited before the Competition and Markets Authority for redetermination of the CAA's RP3 price control settlement
- Electricity North West Limited - as an intervener before the Competition and Markets Authority in connection with redetermination of Ofwat's PR19 price control settlement
- A UK water company - on an internal investigation concerning allegations by a whistleblower of licence breach, including advice on strategic engagement with Ofwat
- A water only company - in connection with a merger inquiry by the Competition and Markets Authority in the context of a completed acquisition
- A participant in the water retail market - on various regulatory issues
- Regulated utilities - in relation to competition law and regulatory compliance and enforcement, including the application of the Freedom of Information Act 2000
- The Lawyer Awards 2022, shortlisted for Competition & Regulatory Team of the Year for work on the National Grid energy licence modification appeals
- The Lawyer Awards 2021, shortlisted for Competition & Regulatory Team of the Year for work on the Bristol Water price redetermination
- Global Competition Review, GCR 100: Global Elite, among the top 10 global law firms for antitrust and competition matters worldwide, Law Business Research Ltd, 2022
Competition Law and Sustainability, In-House Legal Forum, October 2021
Publication | July 28, 2022
Publication | March 04, 2022
Publication | December 21, 2021