Norton Rose Fulbright Hong Kong
Related services and key industries
Peter Haslam heads the firm's Hong Kong banking and finance practice.
He has more than three decades of experience and his area of practice covers a broad range of international banking activities, including syndicated loans, project finance, restructurings, acquisition finance and capital markets transactions.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Solicitor, qualified in Hong Kong
- A syndicate of six banks led by HSBC on a HK$3.285 billion energy transition revolving loan facility and a HK$1.961 billion energy transition ECA supported term loan facility to a power company in Hong Kong to finance the construction of an offshore liquefied natural gas receiving terminal.
- HSBC and MUFG on a US$300m MIGA-supported facility to Bangladesh Chemical Industries Corporation for the part-financing of a fertiliser plant in Polash, Bangladesh, guaranteed by the People's Republic of Bangladesh.
- HSBC France and CACIB on the EUR155mm BPI France supported term Facility to Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission for the part financing of a satellite system and guaranteed by the People's Republic of Bangladesh.
- A syndicate of banks involving HSBC, ICBC and C-EXIM on the facility to Bangladesh Power Development Board (a state-owned company) for the construction of the 330MW gas-fired power plant at Shahjibazar, Bangladesh. The facility was guaranteed by the Ministry of Finance of Bangladesh, and was further backed by the Chinese export credit agency Sinosure.
- Crédit Agricole Helsinki Branch and Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken AB (publ) on a Finnvera supported term loan facility for up to US$100m to Idea Cellular Limited. The facility was supported by a guarantee from the Finnish ECA Finnvera plc.
- A syndicate of eight banks led by HSBC on a US$430m dual tranche term facility to Chinese leading property developer Greentown China.
- A syndicate of lenders led by HSBC on a HK$516m and US$180m dual tranche term facility to China SCE Group.
- A syndicate of 25 banks, led by HSBC and BBVA, on a syndicated term loan facility of up to US$1.5 billion to Huawei Tech. Investment Co., Limited and Huawei Technologies Coöperatief U.A.
- SMBC on a Sinosure-supported term loan facility to Development Bank of Kazakhstan for the purpose of on-lending to PetroKazakhstan Oil Products LLP (a joint venture between CNPC and KazMunaiGas-Refinery and Marketing) in connection with the reconstruction and upgrading of its Skymkent Oil refinery in Kazakhstan.
- HSBC on a Sinosure supported facility for US$72.25m to the Government of Sri Lanka for health facilities.
- BTMU on secured project finance facilities to Route 3 (CPS) Company Limited to refinance outstanding indebtedness in connection with the development and operation of the Route 3 Tai Lam Tunnel and Country Park Section, Hong Kong.
- Citibank on the issuance of US$502.26m, 10.0% senior secured notes issued by Global A&T Electronics Ltd.
- Right Lane Limited (borrower) and Legend Holdings Limited (guarantor) on a dual tranche (HK$/US$) syndicated term facility. The guarantor is an investment holding company with interests in IT, financial services, agriculture, food and property development.
- China Mengniu Dairy on the US$1 billion loan facility for the purpose of its acquisition of Australia famous organic dairy brand Bellamy's.
- United Laboratories on a HKD/EUR dual currency term loan for up to HK$2 billion.
- Leading Individual: Banking and Finance – Legal 500 Asia Pacific: Hong Kong 2019-2020
- Band 2: Banking & Finance – Chambers Asia Pacific: China (incl Hong Kong) 2015-2020