Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Andrew Williams is a banking and finance lawyer based in London. He focuses on corporate finance and asset finance in a broad range of sectors, including: aircraft; ships; railway rolling stock; and offshore oil and gas.
Before joining the firm, Andy worked at a magic circle law firm in London for nearly ten years, where he gained extensive experience of advising on a broad range of financing transactions, including: corporate finance; asset finance; debt capital markets (including securitisation); restructurings; and derivatives.
Andy has spent time on secondment at a leading Norwegian law firm and has particular experience of advising on transactions in the Nordic region.
- MA (Cantab), Downing College, University of Cambridge
- Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales 2009
- Citigroup and other lenders of Danaos – advised on a US$2.2bn restructuring of the NYSE-listed Danaos Corporation, one of the world's largest independent owners of modern, large-size containerships
- BNP Paribas, Danish Ship Finance and ING Bank – advised on the financing to support Sole Shipping's eleven vessel sale and leaseback transaction with Navigazione Montanari
- Smit Lamnalco, the leading provider of towage and associated marine services to the oil and gas terminal industry – advised on the US$450m refinancing of its term and revolving credit facilities and associated hedging arrangements
- DVB, the transportation finance division of DZ Bank AG – advised on: the sale of its aviation finance group to Japan's Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) and its affiliated leasing operation BOT Lease (BOTL); and the sale of its land transportation business to German public sector lender, Landesbank Hessen-Thringen Girozentrale (Helaba)
- MUFG Bank, Ltd., Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, London Branch, Crédit Industriel et Commercial and La Banque Postale - advised on the JOLCO financing of seven Airbus A320neo aircraft for Vueling, one of Europe's leading low-cost airlines
- ING Bank – advised ING Bank and a syndicate of lenders on the US$720m project financing for FPSO Liza Destiny, to be owned and operated by SBM Offshore in the Stabroek block, circa 200 kilometres offshore Guyana. The floating production, storage and offloading vessel is designed to produce up to 120,000 barrels of oil per day and will be chartered to ExxonMobil affiliate Esso Exploration and Production Guyana Limited
- Telenor, the leading Nordic telecoms company – advised on: the update of its €10bn debt issuance programme; its issuances of SEK2.75bn floating rate notes due 2021, SEK2.5bn floating rate notes due 2024 and SEK2bn 1.125 per cent notes due 2024; and its issuances of €1bn 0.750 percent notes due 2026, €1bn 1.125 percent notes due 2029 and €500m 1.750 percent notes due 2034.