Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc
Related services and key industries
Purnel is a dispute resolution and litigation attorney based in Durban.
Purnel's areas of focus are:
- Commercial disputes – Purnel offers a wide range of services from foreclosure of bonds, recovery actions, contractual disputes, liquidation proceedings, risk advisory and other dispute resolution services.
- Administrative law – Purnel acts for various corporate entities in respect of tender reviews and related services.
- Insurance law – Purnel represents various insurance companies with defending actions and recovery actions. She also deals with personal injury litigation.
- Medical law – Purnel deals with medical negligence claims.
Purnel participates in client training seminars on trending topics and has contributed to various blogs. She has an interest in youth development and is actively involved in CSI and school career projects. She is also a member of the NRFSA Women in Red Durban committee.
Purnel obtained her LLB degree in 2015 and LLM degree in Business Law in 2016 from the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
Purnel is an admitted attorney of the High Court of South Africa.
LLB, University of KwaZulu Natal, 2015
LLM, University of KwaZulu Natal, 2016
Practical Legal Training, 2017
- Attorney at law 2018
• Purnel acted on behalf of an energy company and successfully set aside a tender award which exceeded R100 million.
• Purnel acted on behalf of liquidators in successfully defending an action which exceeded R200 million.
• Purnel is one of the attorneys of the NRFSA team acting on behalf of a provisional Department of Health in South Africa in respect of defending medical negligence actions which exceed R8 billion in total value.
A Critical Analysis of Product Liability Under the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008.
"Facially unacceptable" – An inexcusable ground for discrimination.
Tender award to unlawfully preferred bidder set aside.
Limiting the duty of care of a shop owner to customers.
Understanding Summary Judgment under amended Uniform Rule 32 - Without Prejudice Magazine.
Member of Golden Key Society, University of KwaZulu Natal