Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Timothy Chan is an insurance lawyer based in Sydney.
He advises clients on the full spectrum of insurance operations covering distribution arrangements, policy wordings, financial services licensing, prudential standards and compliance. He also works with clients on developing new products and provides strategic advice on responses to regulatory investigations and complex claims.
Tim enjoys working closely with his clients in order to understand their commercial objectives and to develop appropriate solutions. He takes a keen interest in emerging tech businesses in the insurance industry and is involved in the firm's insurtech focus. Tim is an ANZIIF certified insurance professional (CIP) and serves on the NSW committee of Young Insurance Professionals (YIPs) as the Joint Communications Officer.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons Class I), University of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Commerce in Finance (Distinction), University of New South Wales
- Supreme Court of New South Wales
- ANZIIF Certified Insurance Professional (ANZIIF (Aff) CIP)
- NSW Committee Member, Young Insurance Professionals Australia and New Zealand (YIPs)
- Member, NSW Reinsurance Discussion Group