Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Timothy Chan is an insurance lawyer based in Sydney.
Providing advice on the full spectrum of insurance matters, Tim regularly works with clients on distribution arrangements, policy wordings, financial services licensing, prudential standards and compliance. He also advises financial institutions on regulatory capital requirements under APRA's prudential standards, and the use of specialist risk transfer solutions.
Tim enjoys understanding his clients' commercial objectives in order to develop new products and strategies. He takes a keen interest in emerging tech businesses in the insurance industry and is involved in the firm's insurtech focus. Tim is an ANZIIF certified insurance professional (CIP) and serves on the NSW committee of Young Insurance Professionals (YIPs) as the Joint Communications Officer.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons Class I), University of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Commerce in Finance (Distinction), University of New South Wales
- Supreme Court of New South Wales
- ANZIIF Certified Insurance Professional (ANZIIF (Aff) CIP)
- NSW Committee Member, Young Insurance Professionals Australia and New Zealand (YIPs)
- Member, NSW Reinsurance Discussion Group
The ‘fairness revolution’ in Australia continues: Government releases draft legislation extending unfair contract terms regime to insurance
Publication | November 25, 2019