Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Timothy Chan is an insurance lawyer based in Sydney.
Providing advice on the full spectrum of insurance matters, Tim regularly works with clients on the set up of insurance businesses, distribution issues, licensing in Australia, reinsurance and coverage disputes. He also has experience advising financial institutions on eligible regulatory capital requirements under APRA's prudential standards, and the use of specialist risk transfer solutions.
Tim enjoys understanding his clients' commercial objectives in order to develop new products and strategies. He is active in the insurtech ecosystem and works with a number of insurtech startups. Tim is an ANZIIF certified insurance professional (CIP) and serves on the NSW committee of Young Insurance Professionals (YIPs) as the Communications Officer.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons Class I), University of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Commerce in Finance (Distinction), University of New South Wales
- Supreme Court of New South Wales
- High Court of Australia
- ANZIIF Certified Insurance Professional (CIP)
- NSW Committee Member, Young Insurance Professionals Australia and New Zealand (YIPs)
- Member, NSW Reinsurance Discussion Group
- Member, Australian Insurance Law Association
Publication | April 12, 2021
Publication | March 19, 2021
Publication | February 15, 2021
Publication | February 01, 2021