Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Salvatore Iannitti is a corporate and regulatory lawyer based in Milan. He focuses on insurance and re-insurance and has vast experience of advising on contracts, regulatory issues, compliance and intermediation.
He has advised on insurance policies and reinsurance agreements, distribution contracts, umbrella programs, captive and fronting programs, CPI and PPI products, D&O, BBB, W&I policies, injury, A&H policies, unit/index linked policies, public liability policies, professional liability policies, environmental liability policies, crime policies and fidelity programs. He also assists insurers and intermediaries in proceedings before the public authorities and advises insurance companies on M&A transactions and portfolio transfers.
Salvatore joined us in 2001 and became a partner in 2016. He obtained a graduate degree in law, summa cum laude, from Luiss University, Rome in 1999. He qualified as an Italian avvocato in 2002.
Prior to joining the firm, Salvatore interned at the Italian Treasury Department, researching and writing reports on issues such as the government budget, the effects of the introduction of the Euro on public administration, and the contractual activity of public administration. Salvatore also interned with the Centre for International Environmental Law in Washington, DC, where he researched and wrote about issues pertaining to GATT, trans-boundary pollution agreements, and the World Bank and its jurisdictional immunity. He participated in a series of seminars in Arlington, Virginia organised by Advanced International, a consulting enterprise, on matters relating to the political, financial and economic system of the US and US legislation concerning intellectual property.
He has participated in public consultations on regulations covering: transparency of insurance policies; black boxes; home insurance; comparison of motor TPL tariffs; conflict of interest; complaints handling; passive reinsurance; anti-fraud in the motor TPL sector; distance marketing; and CPI life products.
Salvatore has completed numerous secondments since joining us, including placements at Marsh and AIG's Milan offices.
- Law, LUISS University Rome, 1999 (summa cum laude)
- Avvocato, qualified in Italy 2002
- Insurance (Italy), "Clients appreciate that Salvatore Iannitti "knows not only the theory and practice, but is also able to adapt to the situation and is very business-focused." He advises leading international insurers on regulatory and compliance matters, as well as insurance-related transactions and product distribution." Chambers Europe, 2019
- Insurance (Italy), "Salvatore Iannitti has extensive experience advising pre-eminent clients on regulatory issues in the insurance sector. He is also known for his prowess in distribution schemes and corporate matters. He assisted Zurich with drafting a product that combines D&O coverage with employer and public liability insurance", Chambers Europe, 2018
- Commercial, corporate and M&A, "Norton Rose Fulbright's insurance sector specialist and department head Salvatore Iannitti 'provides an incredible service'." Legal 500 EMEA, 2018
- Acritas Star Lawyer, Acritas Report, 2018, 2017
- Insurance (Italy), "Salvatore Iannitti moves up in the rankings following effusive feedback from interviewees. One client reports: "Salvatore is able to marry technical skills with commercial understanding, which has been enormously valuable to us. We have complete trust in him." He focuses on the regulatory aspects of insurance and reinsurance mandates." Chambers Europe, 2017
- Insurance (Italy), "Salvatore Iannitti rises in the rankings due to strong market feedback. He is skilled in a wide range of matters including mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues and litigation. One impressed source notes: "He is a rare lawyer who marries technical knowledge with commercial understanding and a very practical approach to problem solving." Chambers Europe, 2016
- Recognized in Euromoney’s “Rising Stars 2016” guide for Corporate, M&A and securities, Expert Guide, 2016
- Insurance (Italy), "Interviewees confirm that Salvatore Iannitti (up and coming) 'has a very deep knowledge of insurance law. He is best known for his expertise in regulatory issues'." Chambers Europe, 2014
- Environmental liability law
- Agreements between intermediaries
- D&O insurance policies
- Bancassurance schemes
- Anti-money laundering in the insurance sector
- Implementation of the transparency regulation
- Insurance coverage in M&A transactions
- Reforms introduced by the Monti Government in the insurance sector (motor TPL and distribution) and unit/index linked products
Publication | November 2018
Publication | October 2018
Publication | September 2018
Publication | August 2017