Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
- Antitrust and competition
- WTO and international trade
- Litigation and disputes
- Business ethics and anti-corruption
- Sanctions and export controls
- Regulation and investigations
Erin Brown is a litigation and regulatory lawyer based in Ottawa with a focus on international trade, public procurement, and competition.
Erin regularly advises clients on complex international trade issues, including economic sanctions, export controls, and customs issues and frequently represents clients before the Canada Border Services Agency, the Canadian International Trade Tribunal (CITT), and the Federal Court of Canada on issues relating to anti-dumping, customs classifications, duty relief, and the import/export of goods.
Erin also advises both public and private sector organizations on a range of public procurement mandates, including the applicability of trade agreement procurement provisions, and represents government contractors in bid challenge disputes before the CITT.
Erin has in-depth knowledge of competition issues. She regularly assists clients across a range of industries in obtaining Competition Bureau merger clearance, including completion of supplementary information requests. She also advises and represents clients on issues relating to deceptive marketing, bid rigging, and competitor collaborations and was featured as a guest on Disputed, NRFC's podcast, for an episode on influencers, advertising, and social media.
Erin is also the co-chair of a local ski-themed charity event that raises money for the Ronald McDonald House of Ottawa and will be co-host of the Disputed podcast for the upcoming fourth season.
B.C.L./LL.B., McGill University, 2014
B.S.S. (Hons.), University of Ottawa, 2010
- Ontario 2015
- Successfully representing a consulting company in a challenge before the CITT in relation to procurement of professional services
- Representing various companies in the food industry before the CITT, CBSA, and Federal Court in relation to customs classifications, anti-dumping duties, and customs duties
- Regularly analyzing export controls risks for companies in the defence sector
- Part of the team that obtained Competition Bureau merger compliance approval, including compliance with supplemental information requests, for numerous proposed merger transactions
- Advising numerous private-sector entities in relation to access to information requests covering their sensitive business information
- Delivering oral arguments before the Federal Court of Canada on a matter involving the reasonable bounds of administrative action in relation to customs duties
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: International Trade/WTO, Chambers and Partners, 2024
- "NAFTA rebranded and updated: maintaining, protecting and preserving free trade," Legal Update, Norton Rose Fulbright, October 2018.
- "CETA is in effect (mostly): what you need to know," Legal Update, Norton Rose Fulbright, September 2017.
- "Tune up or tear up: Three things to watch for in NAFTA renegotiations," The Lawyer's Daily, August 28, 2017.
- "CETA and CFTA: The impact of Canada's sesquicentennial trade agreements," The Lawyer's Daily, August 1, 2017.
- Disputed: Influencers, advertising and social media | S3 EP5 Podcast | April 26, 2023
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
Podcast | September 27, 2023
Publication | May 01, 2023
Podcast | April 26, 2023