Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Kristopher Miks' practice focuses on securities and corporate law in a wide range of industries, with an emphasis on public and private mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, and providing corporate governance and securities regulatory advice.
Kristopher has represented both purchasers and vendors involved in friendly and hostile mergers and acquisitions transactions, including takeover bids, plans of arrangement, reverse takeovers and other business combination transactions. He has also advised issuers, underwriters and institutional investors in a wide range of financing transactions, including initial public offerings, secondary offerings, private placements and alternative forms of equity and debt financing. In addition, Kristopher frequently provides advice to Canadian public companies on their disclosure, corporate governance, and other corporate and securities law obligations.
Additionally, Kristopher frequently advises entrepreneurs, start-ups and emerging growth companies on corporate structure, governance, financing and licensing matters.
- Ontario 2014
- Alberta 2011
- British Columbia 2010
Kristopher has recently acted for the following clients:
Mergers and Acquisitions:
- Macro Enterprises Inc. (MCR) in connection with a going-private transaction led by Macro's senior management by way of a plan of arrangement
- Nordstar Capital LP in connection with its acquisition of Torstar Corporation pursuant to a plan of arrangement
- Brachium Capital Corp. (BRAC) in connection with its qualifying transaction with WeCommerce Holdings Ltd., such qualifying transaction being the second-largest technology qualifying transaction on the TSXV
- Amcomri Entertainment Inc. (AMEN) in connection with its acquisition of Trinity Pictures Distribution Limited (Trinity) by way of a plan of arrangement whereby the Amcomri consolidated its common shares, changed its name to "Amcomri Entertainment Inc." and became the first media and entertainment company listed on the NEO Stock Exchange
- FG Acquisition Corp. (FGAA.V) in connection with its US$115m initial public offering of Class A restricted voting units and listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange
- DHL Network Operations (USA) Inc. with a new long-term strategic agreement with Cargojet Inc. and acquisition of warrants entitling DHL to acquire up to 9.5 percent of Cargojet's outstanding voting shares
- Brachium2 Capital Corp. (BRCB.P) on an initial private placement of $500,000 and subsequent initial public offering of 3,000,000 common shares at a purchase price of $0.10 per common share by way of a long form prospectus
- Alpha Blue Ocean in connection with a loan and subscription for convertible debentures of Halo Collective Inc.
- Barclays Bank PLC in connection with an investment in FreshBooks
- Echelon Wealth Partners Inc. and a syndicate of underwriters, including Cormark Securities Inc., in connection with a private placement financing of subscription receipts of Volatus Aerospace Corp. in connection with Volatus' go-public transaction by way of a reverse takeover of Partner Jet Corp
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario
- Law Society of British Columbia
Guidance for crypto trading platforms Requirements relating to advertising marketing and social media use
Blog | November 10, 2021
Blog | March 22, 2021
Publication | December 30, 2020
Publication | December 11, 2020