Dante G. Trevedan focuses his practice on project finance and government procurement, particularly in the energy sector where he has successfully assisted bidders in the bidding processes called by Mexico's National Hydrocarbons Commission. His practice also includes advising on high-risk, anti-corruption labor law advice, investigation and litigation as well as mergers and acquisitions.
LL.M, with honors, Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago-Kent College of Law, 2012
JD, Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, 2005
Dante was selected by USAID, the Instituto Tecnologcio y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, the Illinois Institute of Technology and a panel of Illinois judges as one of only three Mexican attorneys for a program funded by USAID to promote and advance the introduction and development of oral trials in Mexico's legal system.
- Represented Osisko Gold Royalties in the acquisition from Gerald Mining of the San Antonio mining project in Sonora, Mexico.
- Represented Enel Green Power S.p.A., on the sale of 80 percent of the share capital of a Mexican holding company that indirectly owns a portfolio of eight renewable energy projects with a total generating capacity of 1.7 GW to Canadian institutional investor Caisse de dépot et placement du Québec and the investment vehicle of the leading Mexican pension funds CKD Infraestructura México S.A. de C.V. The transaction, being conducted using an innovative Build, Sell and Operate model, is worth US$1.35 billion (with an enterprise value of the Holdco of US$2.6 billion).
- Represented Red Kite Finance in the financing of the Bacanora lithium mine in Sonora, Mexico.
- Representing Red Kite Finance in the financing to SilverCrest Metals of the Las Chispas gold and silver project located northeast of Sonora, Mexico.
- Represented Petrofac IES, Mexico on its portfolio sale of a 49% interest in its Mexican onshore and offshore assets to Perenco Oil for up to US$274 million.
- Represented a Japanese company during the acquisition of a 50% interest in a Mexican subsidiary of a major French energy company, for the construction and development of a wind farm to produce 164 MW located in Oaxaca, Mexico. This included (but was not limited to) obtaining the authorization and favorable opinion of Mexico's Federal Economic Competition Commission.
- Assisted a US based connected services company (recently acquired by a major South Korean electronics company) to design and conduct an investigation on bribery allegations (and other alleged FCPA violations and) involving improper payments to custom agents in San Diego and Tijuana.
- Designed and implemented an on-site investigation for a Japanese automotive component manufacturer that reported unusual amounts of scrap in its Mexican plant operations. Among others, our investigation led to (i) our members preparing and implementing improved and revised policies and guidelines; (ii) our members assisting the company in for cause terminations to employees and personnel that failed to abide by the client's policies; and (iii) the company substantially cutting back reducing the scrap generated during its operations.
- Assisted a specialty biopharmaceutical company to design an investigation plan in light of 2 separate whistleblower reports received by current and former employees on alleged improper conduct allegations (including sexual harassment and bribery) in its Mexico City office.
- Designed and implemented internal labor regulations, anticorruption, compensation and benefits policies and guidelines for major companies in the energy, telecommunications, financial and automotive sectors.
- Represented an Israeli defense technology company during a direct award process to provide the Mexican National Security Commission with advance defense intelligence and tracking systems.
- Designed and provided training to Mexico-based operations of international companies in the pharmaceutical, automotive, energy, technology and financial industries in connection with anti-bribery regulations and company policies, including but not limited to the revamped Mexican anti-corruption legal framework and the FCPA.
- Successfully represented an American multinational insurance corporation in a wrongful termination claim brought by the former Latin America CFO against its Mexican subsidiary.
- Assisted a Singaporean company during the joint venture partnership with a major Mexican company in the metallurgy and steel industry, for the construction and development of an aluminum smelting plant in San Luis Potosí, Mexico.
- Designed and implemented corporate-labor restructures for several Mexican companies and Mexican subsidiaries of multinational corporations in light of Mexico's 2012 labor reform.
- Assisted a Fortune Global 500 financial services company for the divestiture and sale of the insurance business of its Mexican subsidiary, including sale of assets and employee transfer.
- Successfully represented oil & gas companies for the negotiation and execution of Collective Bargaining Agreements covering its operations in Mexico (both before Mexico's Energy Reform and in the context of the bidding processes called by the National Hydrocarbons Commission).
- Successfully represented a Netherlands/Singapore consortium during an early termination process brought by Pemex, which sought to obtain the early termination of 2 different Rig lease agreements.
- Successfully represented the Mexican subsidiary of a Texas-based drilling company during 5 different strike proceedings filed by a hostile Union that sought to obtain the execution of unsolicited Collective Bargaining Agreements and stoppage in the company's rig drilling operations in Southern Mexico. The proceedings were conclusively ruled in our client's favor, without stoppage or interruption of whatsoever nature in the client's activities.
- Assisted the Mexican subsidiary of a German multinational chemical and pharmaceutical Euro Stoxx 50 company during the sale of one of its diabetes business units, which included sale of assets and employee transfer.
- Focus on Mexico," Global Regulatory Trends to Watch in 2017, February 2017
- Speaker, "Implementing an effective restrictive covenants strategy," Dentons labor and employment global committee seminar, June 2016
- Speaker, The impact of BREXIT in global employment," Dentons labor and employment global committee seminar, November 2016
- Labor and Employment Law Professor, Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, 2014-2016
- Labor and Employment Law, Universidad Anahuac Mexico, current
- Abogados Ex-A-Tec
- Chicago-Kent Labor and Employment Law Society
- Chicago-Kent Law and Economics Society
- Chicago-Kent Sportfeasors
- International Bar Association
Publication | March 23, 2021
Publication | October 29, 2020
Publication | October 2020
Publication | August 25, 2020