Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Christian Dargham is a business ethics and dispute resolution lawyer based in Paris, where he is head of disputes.
Christian has extensive experience representing leading industrial groups and international financial institutions in relation to business ethics and investigations, including implementation of global compliance policies, day-to-day assistance to compliance officers, audits and assessment of compliance policies, training sessions, integrity due diligence, investigations in areas such as corruption, fraud, and international sanctions. He also advises on litigation (contractual disputes, product liability and white collar crime) and arbitration.
Prior to joining the firm in 2013, Christian spent 12 years at a well known international firm. He also has experience of working in domestic law firms in France.
DEA (post-graduate diploma) in Contract Law, University Paris XI - Sceaux
- Avocat au Barreau de Paris
Band 1, Corporate compliance & investigations: France, Chambers Europe, 2020
"Extremely pragmatic and fair, he definitively understands the lawyer–client relationship and has a very good rapport with the business folks and a good ability to render complex matters understandable".
Key individual, Compliance: France, The Legal 500, 2020
"Norton Rose Fulbright provides 'an excellent level of service including responsiveness, creativity and a reassuring approach'. The practice has particular experience in conducting internal investigations pertaining to corruption and money laundering allegations."
Christian Dargham is noted for 'his great knowledge of compliance, as well as his availability and discretion".
- La lutte contre la corruption: créatrice de valeur pour l'entreprise, Le Monde, 25 January 2017
- Anti-Corruption Provisions of the 'Law Sapin': What are the Immediate Impacts for Companies, International Review of Compliance and Business Ethics, 30 March 2017
- Enquêtes internes: coopérer avec les autorités n'est pas se soumettre, Le Monde, 23 November 2017
- Co-author, French chapter of the International Comparative Legal Guide to Corporate Investigations 2018, the Global Legal Group, 2nd Edition, December 2017
- The First DPAs "à la française" relating to Corruption Cases, International Review of Compliance and Business Ethics, 28 June 2018
- Author of "The First DPAs "à la française" relating to Corruption Cases", International Review of Compliance and Business Ethics, 28 June 2018
- Co-author, French chapter of the International Comparative Legal Guide to Corporate Investigations 2018 published by the Global Legal Group, 2018, then 2019
- Author of "Lutter concrètement contre la corruption", L'Orient-Le-Jour (Lebanon), 12 January 2019
- Coordinator and Author of "Arbitration and compliance" in International Review of Compliance and Business Ethics, January 2020
- Author of "Lutte contre la corruption : il suffit d'une étincelle", L'Orient-Le-Jour (Lebanon), 11 January 2020
- Co-author, French chapter of the International Comparative Legal Guide to Corporate Investigations published by the Global Legal Group, 2018, 2019 then 2020
- Co-author of "Airbus' Sky High Settlement – Focus on Global Reach and Collaboration in Anti-Corruption Prosecutions", Regulation Tomorrow, Norton Rose Fulbright Website, February 2020
- Co-author of "Proposal for an EU wide mandatory human rights due diligence law", Norton Rose Fulbright Website, May 2020
- Co-author of a briefing on "les nouvelles lignes directrices du DOJ au regard des recommandations de l'AFA", 12 June 2020
- Co-author of "Evaluation des programmes de compliance : le DOJ met à jour ses lignes directrices" Option Droit Affaires (ODA), 1 July 2020
Christian is a member of the Scientific Committee and a regular publisher of the International Review of Compliance and Business Ethics.
- Speaker, conference on business and human rights and French bill of law on duty of vigilance, January 31, 2017
- Speaker, conference on how to implement the 8 anti-corruption provisions of Sapin 2 law in practice, Norton Rose Fulbright, March 16, 2017
- Speaker, OECD Forum, Corporate Liability for Corruption and other Economic Crimes, Paris, March 30, 2017
- Speaker, Lamy Conference, Compliance et corruption: ce que va changer la loi Sapin II, Paris, April 21, 2017
- Speaker, Institut des Hautes Etudes de Défense Nationale on Internal Investigations, Paris, May 30, 2017
- Speaker, American Bar Association/London White Collar Crime Institute, An International Perspective on Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption, London, October 9, 2017
- Speaker, business and legal forum, how to conduct effective internal investigations, Paris, October 12, 2017
- Speaker, how to practically implement the law on Devoir de vigilance, Norton Rose Fulbright, November 15, 2017
- Speaker, BFM Business, how to overcome corruption in France alongside Charles Duchaine, Head of French Anti-corruption Agency, May 29, 2018
Moderator, roundtable with the Agence Française Anticorruption about controls and Sapin 2 requirements, Norton Rose Fulbright, 17 October 2018
Moderator, roundtable on how French businesses can manage or mitigate U.S. litigation risk, together with US partners, 7 November 2018
Speaker on how to conduct an internal investigation, Leaders in Law Academy, 20 November 2018
Speaker on how to manage an ethical alert, ACOP2, Paris, 26 November 2018
Speaker on international sanctions, Le Cercle de la Compliance, 4 December 2018
Speaker on international sanctions, 9 April 2019
Speaker on arbitration and corruption, Master Droit et Ethique des Affaires, 18 April 2019
Speaker on update relating to AFA reports, Norton Rose Fulbright, 10 July 2019
- Speaker on update relating to AFA controls, Norton Rose Fulbright, 5 November 2019
- Speaker on "2030" TV programme "Solutions to economic crisis in Lebanon", LBCI, Lebanon, 13 January 2020
- Speaker on international sanctions updates, Norton Rose Fulbright, 31 January 2020
- Speaker on high-priority areas in compliance during lockdown, 2 April 2020
- Speaker on the risks of human rights violations and duty of vigilance in companies during the COVID-19, 17 June 2020
- Speaker on "ABC Compliance Programmes: what do best practices look like?", webinar 29 June 2020
- Speaker on "Lutter concrètement contre la corruption", Université Saint-Joseph, 30 June 2020
- Christian gives lectures on anticorruption at Sciences-Po Paris
- Christian gives lectures on anticorruption at Paris 2 Panthéon-Assas DU Compliance.
- Christian gives training to French judges on US and UK anticorruption legislations and on US government investigations style, in the context of their continuous training. He also gives the same type of training at the Institut des Hautes Etudes de Défense Nationale (IHEDN).
Webinar | June 08, 2022
Blog | June 07, 2022
Blog | April 25, 2022