Our Warsaw real estate finance lawyers advise international commercial and mortgage banks and real estate investors, as both lenders and borrowers, on the Polish real estate market.
“I can recommend the team. They lawyers have great energy and are a strong team.” Chambers Europe, 2016
We are experienced in the wide range of financing structures used in the commercial real estate sector, giving us a broad perspective on different requirements of the market participants.
The steady growth of the Polish real estate market is attracting international investors and we work with our global real estate financing group to provide integrated advice on a range of interesting and complex transactions.
Areas of work
- Commercial and residential development financing
- Office, retail and warehouse acquisition financing
- Sale and leasebacks
- We acted for ING Bank, a branch of ING-DIBA AG, on the financing acquisition of a logistics portfolio in Poland, totaling 126,289 square meters, by Hines. (June, 2016)
- In 2014, we advised HSBC Bank plc and HSBC Bank Polska S.A. on the €170m loan granted to Echo Investment S.A. for a project consisting of Galeria Echo shopping centre in Kielce; and two office buildings (Tryton Business House in Gdańsk and Opolska Business Park in Kraków). Following tax driven restructuring and acquisition of control over Echo Investment S.A. by Griffin Real Estate and Redefine Properties in 2015, we provided amendments to the finance documentation. (2014 - 2016)
- We advised Bank Zachodni WBK S.A. on the acquisition financing of three office buildings in Poland by Benson Elliott fund. (February, 2016)
- We advised ING Bank Śląski S.A., ING Bank N.V. and ING Bank N.V. London Branch on the €193m (approximately PLN 767m) facility made available to TriGranit to refinance the existing indebtedness of the Bonarka City Centre shopping centre in Kraków, Poland, and subsequent step-up, secondary syndication and change of control over TriGranit by TPG Real Estate (February and November, 2015).