Our dedicated Singapore business ethics and anti-corruption (BEAC) team, which is part of our global regulation and investigations group, is recognised for our focus on handling internal and government investigations involving bribery, money-laundering, fraud, sanctions violation and other regulatory issues and is based within our highly regarded Singapore dispute resolution team. Our team has considerable experience advising multinationals, Asian conglomerates and leading financial institutions. We provide tailored and strategic advice to clients throughout our key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
We are a market-leading team of 7 regulatory compliance and investigations lawyers who focus on advising clients on compliance and integrity issues including programme design, implementation, maintenance, evaluation, monitoring and auditing, and on corporate risk management in the Asia Pacific region.
Working closely with our colleagues throughout Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Middle East, our Singapore team regularly advises clients to meet international compliance needs across a wide range of industries.
- A market-leading team based in Singapore ready to work alongside a network of leading practitioners in other key jurisdictions worldwide.
- Focused advice and bespoke policies, procedures and guidelines designed to manage and reduce the risk posed by corrupt activity when operating in high-risk jurisdictions, particularly in Asia.
- Strategic advice in the context of regulatory investigations, including crafting a coordinated response to different regulators across jurisdictions.
- Due diligence of target companies and intermediaries in the context of business penetration, corporate acquisitions and risky transactions.
Our areas of work include
- anti-bribery and corruption
- anti-money laundering
- data protection
- economic sanctions
- export controls
- fraud and collusion
- market misconduct.
Awards and accolades:
- Anti-Corruption Lawyer of the Year in Singapore, 2011 (Wilson Ang), Corporate INTL Magazine
- Client Choice Award for White Collar Crime category in Singapore, 2016 (Wilson Ang), International Law Office
- Singapore’s Investigations Bar, 2016, Global Investigations Review