Our Singapore litigation and dispute resolution team is highly praised as a leader in the market for complex and high profile commercial disputes. Working for a range of clients across our key industry sectors, we provide expert and strategic advice to the world’s most prominent corporations throughout: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
We represent global corporations and financial institutions in both domestic and cross-border disputes, working alongside our expert dispute resolution lawyers throughout Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
- Expertise on the full range of dispute resolution options, including litigation, arbitration, mediation, adjudication, and expert determination.
- A tailored approach to each dispute; we recognise that each case is governed by a unique set of variables, conditions, problems and, most importantly, client objectives.
- Appropriate and strategic advice, including risk management, dispute avoidance and contractual advice, as well as bringing contentious proceedings.
- Particular expertise in handling international arbitration proceedings throughout the globe.
- The benefit of working with a full-service international legal practice; we can draw upon the expertise of our local lawyers throughout: aviation, banking and finance, business ethics and anti-corruption, corporate, M&A and securities, energy, financial services, infrastructure, insurance, mining and commodities, shipping, and technology.
Our areas of work include
- ADR (including arbitration, adjudication, litigation, expert determination, dispute review board, mediation)
- contractual advice (including dispute resolution clauses and bilateral investment treaties)
- debt recovery
- dispute avoidance
- international dispute resolution
- international arbitration
- regulatory enforcement
- risk management
Our recent work
- Acting for a European finance company in Singapore arbitration proceedings relating to a finance agreement with an Indonesian mining company.
- Representing a Swiss steel commodities trading company in concurrent SIAC and LCIA arbitration proceedings seated in Singapore against a Thai steel mill and foundry, a Thai public listed steel manufacturing corporation and its Singapore subsidiary.
- Acting for an Asian national airline in an ICC arbitration against a Singapore aircraft engine overhaul facility.
- Acting for an international brewer in a very substantial ICC arbitration in relation to a joint venture established in Asia.