Our objective is simple - to deliver seamless, sophisticated and forward thinking advice to our clients where ever they are in the world.
Our Singapore energy team is one of the largest and most comprehensive energy law practices in the region. We advise clients on the full range of legal services, working closely with our specialist energy lawyers throughout Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Middle East to provide integrated and commercial advice on cross-border transactions and energy matters throughout the globe.
We work alongside our colleagues throughout all local practice groups, providing a full service to each energy client on matters concerning corporate, M&A and securities, dispute resolution and litigation, and banking and finance amongst others.
- An understanding of the importance of local knowledge and different business cultures; our specialists are fluent in local market issues and speak the local language, affording us the ability to provide knowledgeable and relevant advice on Singapore energy law to both domestic and foreign clients.
- Advice across a broad range of energy sectors, including: oil and gas, power, renewables, climate change, water, regulated utilities.
Our areas of work include
- asset financing
- carbon finance
- debt capital markets
- dispute resolution
- export finance
- Islamic finance
- joint ventures
- mergers and acquisitions
- offshore energy finance
- project finance
- syndicated lending.
Our recent work
- Advising the lenders on the due diligence and financing and security arrangements for GMR’s 800 MW gas-merchant power project, which will be the first project in Singapore to utilise LNG.
- Advising Gas Supply Pte Ltd (GSPL) on the purchase, importation and transportation of piped natural gas from Pertamina, Indonesia including the on-sale and transport of such gas within Singapore by GSPL to, mainly, power generators.
- Advising the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation in relation to a potential pre-IPO placement of shares in an Indian power company which will have a combined installed capacity of 9,900 MW.
- Advising Keppel Gas on various gas related matters and financing aspects for the 525 MW Keppel Merlimau generation facility.
- Advising WestLB, OCBC, nabCapital and Dresdner Kleinwort on the financing of the proposed acquisition of the 1800 MW Tuas Power Project, Singapore by GMR Energy, Macquarie and National Industries.