Our Singapore technology team advises on all aspects of the procurement, exploitation and use of IT products and services throughout Singapore and the Asia Pacific region. Much of our work in this practice area has an international element and we are often involved in projects that are cross-border, working closely with our colleagues throughout Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
We work for a range of prominent financial institutions and corporations throughout our key industry sectors, providing expert technical and legal advice to clients working in: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
- Expertise across the full range of technology related practices, integrating technical and legal advice, particularly in the telecoms space.
- The benefit of working with a full-service international legal practice; we can draw upon the expertise of our local lawyers in: corporate, M&A and securities, dispute resolution and litigation, banking and finance, and business ethics and anti-corruption.
Our areas of work include
- licence auctions
- internet and e-commerce
- data protection and privacy
- advertising and promotion
Our recent work
- Advising a leading regional bank on the procurement and implementation of an internet and mobile banking platform for several jurisdictions in Asia.
- Preparation and negotiation of an agreement for the development, implementation and operation on an outsourced basis of the IT platform for a major credit card rewards program in Asia, the Middle East and Africa.
- Advising a major fast food company on data privacy issues arising from the outsourcing of its call centre facilities and the roll-out of a new product across several jurisdictions in Asia.