Our South African acquisition finance team has been involved in the development of a broad range of senior and subordinated financing techniques and products. Acting for a range of well known clients from our key industry sectors, we ensure tailored, quality advice is given every time.
“The group’s ‘efficiency and attention to detail’ are described by a source as ‘extremely impressive.’” ” Chambers Global, 2017
We have played a leading role in many key leveraged buyout transactions, involving complex acquisition finance deals. Supported by our global network, our acquisition finance team is recognised as a leader for both local and cross-border deals. We are knowledgeable in South African and international banking law, delivering efficient insight into on the full scale of related issues.
Our areas of work include
- asset-based finance
- corporate debt markets
- high-yield bonds
- leveraged finance
- mezzanine debt
Our recent work
- Advising Louis Dreyfus on the acquisition of the African subsidiaries of the Dunavant Group.
- Advising Société Générale as lender to Vale under a ZAR7.5bn acquisition finance guarantee facility provided for the purpose of the offer.
- Afrox Healthcare Limited - Advised the Senior Lenders (Rand Merchant Bank, Investec Bank, Old Mutual, Sanlam Capital Markets and The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited) and the Mezzanine Lenders (Rand Merchant Bank, Investec Bank, Old Mutual, Sanlam Capital Markets and The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited) in relation to acquisition finance facilities provided in connection with the black economic empowerment leveraged buyout of Afrox Health-care limited (then renamed Life Healthcare (Proprietary) Limited), valued at ZAR4.2 billion.
- Société Générale - Advising Société Générale as lender to Vale under a ZAR7.5 billion acquisition finance guarantee facility provided for the purpose of the offer.
Awards and accolades
- Chambers Global, Africa-wide: Banking & Finance (Band 1), Chambers & Partners, 2017
- Chambers Global, South Africa: Banking & Finance, Chambers & Partners, 2017
- Legal 500 EMEA, South Africa: Banking & Finance (Tier 1), The Legal 500, 2017
- IFLR 1000, South Africa: Banking, Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, 2018