Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Sabeeha is an associate in the corporate and commercial litigation team based in Johannesburg, with a focus on regulatory, compliance and investigations work within our broader risk advisory practice.
Sabeeha has advised clients in the public and private sectors on various aspects of regulatory law.
On business ethics and anti-corruption, she has assisted clients in various aspects of corporate investigations and is also deeply involved in conducting business partner due-diligence reviews. She also supports clients to navigate the broad spectrum of regulatory and compliance challenges, and is involved in the anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing practices.
Sabeeha has experience in various aspects of corporate governance, as well as experience in commercial litigation disputes.
- LLB, with distinction, University of the Witwatersrand
- BA (International Relations and Law) University of the Witwatersrand
- Attorney qualified in South Africa
- Conducting reviews and preparing anti-corruption due diligence reports of potential business partners for a multinational mining company.
- Conducting an internal investigation into the operations of a multinational grocery retailer pursuant to concerns raised by its statutory auditor.
- Conducting an external investigation for and advising a national sporting body pursuant to allegations of management misconduct.
- Advising a global consulting and advisory firm as part of a full-fledged risk-advisory mandate dealing with the entity's global corporate structure, corporate governance, policies and procedures and legal, regulatory and reputational considerations, with Marelise van der Westhuizen
- Advising a large, development finance institution in relation to its procurement processes pursuant to panel appointments.
- Advising a large, development finance institution in relation to its statutory audit requirements.
Co-author of the South African chapter of the International Comparative Legal Guide "Corporate Investigations 2020: A practical cross-border insight into corporate investigations", fourth edition.