Partner | Global Head of Consumer Markets and Head of Litigation and Intellectual Property
Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
- Litigation and disputes
- Intellectual property
- Trademarks and brands
- Copyright law
- Trade Secrets
- Reputation and defamation protection
Cameron is the global co-head of the consumer markets sector and also heads the litigation and intellectual property practices in Australia. He was a founding board member of the Norton Rose Fulbright global board and has also spent six years on the Australian board.
Cameron is an experienced, superior court litigator. He is named in Best Lawyers of Australia for litigation and alternative dispute resolution, identified as a well-regarded IP contentious lawyer in World Trademark Review, as a "skilled, commercial negotiator with sharp strategic approach to litigation and dispute resolution" and as a "big picture litigator, focussed on litigation as just one tool in the commercial tool kit" in Legal 500.
Cameron's pro bono experience includes managing the firm's relationship with the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre and working with the Housing All Australians project.
- Bachelor of Laws, Monash University (1989)
- Bachelor of Economics, Monash University (1987)
- Master of Laws, University of Melbourne (2007)
- Registered Trade Mark Attorney
- Supreme Court of Victoria 1992
- Supreme Court of Western Australia 2001
- High Court of Australia 1992
- Joyce and others – Sunland – (Federal Court, Supreme Court, Court of Appeal, High Court, Dubai Criminal Court) - allegations of misleading and deceptive conduct, fraud, international governmental inquires, dealings with the Prime Minister's office, senior global government officials.
- Olivier v Husain (Supreme Court, Court of Appeal, High Court) – contract.
- Ritz Hotel – (Federal Court) Trademark, building ownership issues.
- Lonsdale v Pauls Warehouse (Federal Court, Full Federal Court) – copyright, trade mark, parallel importation patents.
- Gilead – AbbVie – patents.
- Goodman Fielder – Rana Foods – trademark infringement (Federal Court, Full Federal Court) – trademark infringement, inherent distinctiveness arguments.
- Energizer Australia v Remington (Federal Court, Full Federal Court) – comparative advertising.
- Colorado Group Limited v Strandbags (Federal Court, Full Federal Court, High Court) – trade mark infringement and revocation, misleading and deceptive conduct.
- Foo Fighters v Re/Max – (Federal Court) – copyright.
- LED v Keller (Federal Court, Full Federal Court) – designs.
- Ferragamo - trade mark, counterfeit issues.
- General Motors Holden (Federal Court) – warranty complaints.
- 2016 Litigation Trends Annual Survey, 'Twelfth edition introduces litigation minimisation framework and expenditure benchmarking tools', 15 September 2016
February 14, 2023
March 04, 2022
July 07, 2021
Publication | November 09, 2023
Publication | July 06, 2023
Publication | April 24, 2023