Related services and key industries
Kit McCarthy is a corporate lawyer based in London. Kit has extensive experience of advising on public company M&A transactions and international equity offerings, advising both issuers and investment banks across a range of sectors. Kit also advises listed clients on their obligations as publicly-traded companies and activist and event-driven hedge funds on takeover situations and regulatory disclosure requirements.
In February 2020, Kit returned from a two year secondment to the UK Takeover Panel, where he regulated close to 350 transactions governed by the UK Takeover Code, including some of the highest profile public M&A transactions of recent years.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Acting for The Deltic Group on its hostile / competitive merger proposal for Revolution Bars Group plc.
- Acting for Belvoir Lettings plc on its unilateral merger proposal for The Property Franchise Group plc.
- Acting for Sandstorm Gold Ltd on its £167 million recommended acquisition of Mariana Resources Limited.
- Acting for BMO Capital Markets Kimited on its role as financial adviser to Amara Mining plc for its recommended £68.3 million securities exchange acquisition by Perseus Mining Limited.
- Acting for Avesco Group plc on its £124 recommended acquisition by NEP Group, Inc.
- Acting for The Baltic Exchange on its £87 million recommended acquisition by Singapore Exchange Limited.
- Acting for The Rank Group plc on its possible joint offer, together with 888 Holdings plc, for William Hill PLC.
- Acting for Sacturino Limited on its US$9 billion unsolicited cash offer for Polyus Gold International Limited.
- Acting for Barrick Gold Corporation on the proposed disposal of its 75 per cent holding in African Barrick Gold (now Acacia Mining).
- Acting for Rothschild on certain aspects of its role as independent financial adviser to Asia Resource Minerals plc for its recommended £134.9 million cash acquisition by Asia Coal Energy Ventures Limited.
- Acting for Orange SA on the sale of EE Limited, the UK mobile telephone operator jointly owned by Orange and Deutsche Telekom, to BT Group plc for £12.5 billion.
- Acting for F&C Asset Management plc on its recommended £708 million cash acquisition by BMO Global Asset Management (Europe) Limited (BMO Europe), a wholly–owned subsidiary of the Bank of Montreal, implemented by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Acting for Allied Gold Mining PLC in connection with its £360 million recommended acquisition by St Barbara Mining Limited, implemented by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Acting for Desire Petroleum plc on its £61 million recommended combination with Falkland Oil & Gas Limited, implemented by scheme of arrangement.
- Acting for Müller Dairy UK Limited on its £279.5 million public takeover offer for Robert Wiseman Dairies PLC.
- Acting for Chaucer Holdings PLC, the specialist insurance group, on its takeover by way of scheme of arrangement by the Hanover Insurance Group, Inc.
ECM / Sponsor work
- Acting for Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley on the $500 million IPO of Landscape Acquisitions Holdings Limited (a special purpose acquisition company),
- Acting for Trinity Mirror plc on its £126.7 million acquisition of Northern & Shell's publishing assets.
- Acting for Citi, finnCap, Liberum and Macquarie in their capacity as joint bookrunners and underwriters on a £200 million placing and offer for subscription by AIM-listed Cityfibre Infrastructure Holdings Limited.
- Acting for J.P. Morgan Cazenove and Peel Hunt LLP in their capacity as joint bookrunners on an equity placing by LondonMetric Property PLC, raising gross proceeds of £96 million.
- Acting for HSBC Holdings PLC on its recent US$1 billion share buy-back.
- Acting for Barclays plc on its sale of part of its shareholding in JSE-listed Barclays Africa Group Limited via a series of accelerated bookbuilt placings (the first, in 2016, in respect of 12.2% of BAGL's issued share capital, raising £603 million and the second, in 2017, in respect of 33.7% of BAGL's issued share capital, raising £2.2 billion).
- Acting for Peel Hunt LLP and JP Morgan in their roles as sponsor, financial adviser and joint broker and joint broker, respectively, to Redefine International PLC on the second tranche of its £437.2 million Class 1 acquisition of a retail and office property portfolio from Aegon UK Property Fund and connected £109 million equity fundraising.
- Acting for Trinity Mirror plc on its £220 million acquisition of Local World Holdings and connected £35 million fundraising.
- Advising Allied Gold Mining PLC on its migration from AIM to the Main Market of the LSE.