Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Richard Sheen is a corporate lawyer based in London specialising in financial institutions M&A, investment funds and ECM transactions and is head of the global asset and wealth management practice.
Richard trained as a lawyer with us and became a partner in 1998.
Richard is identified as a leading individual in Legal 500 2019 and Chambers and Partners UK 2019.
University of Bristol
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Brookfield Asset Management - advised on the acquisition of a strategic stake in credit fund manager LCM Partners
- Toronto-Dominion Bank - represented on the sale of TD Direct Investing to Interactive Investor (backed by JC Flowers)
- Somers Limited - assisted with on the acquisition of JO Hambro Investment Management (now called Waverton)
- Northern Trust Corporation - advised on its acquisition of Aviate Global, a brokerage and research group
- Cushman & Wakefield - acted on the sale of its property fund business, Cushman & Wakefield Investors, to La Française and Forum Partners
- Société Générale Asset Management - advised on the disposal of Société Générale Asset Management UK
- Numis and Canaccord Genuity - advised on the Main Market IPO of fund manager, River and Mercantile Group plc
- European Real Estate Finance Limited - advised on its £228 million Main Market IPO and subsequent fundraisings
- Mortgage Advice Bureau (Holdings) plc - advised on its £81 million AIM IPO
- Recognized as a 'leading individual' and described as someone "who just gets the job done and knows the demands of the market inside out, which is so important" in Legal 500 2019.
- Listed as a 'leading individual' and described as "adding real value" and "very professional, thorough and diligent, some who [they] really benefitted from having on my side of the negotiating table" in Chambers and Partners UK 2019.
December 01, 2021
Norton Rose Fulbright advises Charles Stanley on £278.9 million recommended cash offer by Raymond James
August 04, 2021
June 01, 2021
Publication | November 15, 2021
Publication | July 01, 2021
Publication | March 22, 2021
Publication | January 19, 2021