Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Philip Archer is a commercial litigation lawyer based in Sydney.
Philip's practice is focused on complex commercial disputes. He has represented clients at all stages in litigation; as plaintiffs and defendants; and in individual actions and class actions. His experience includes matters involving corporations law and directors' duties, misleading and deceptive conduct, professional negligence, insurance coverage, contract law, and securities law; advising secured creditors and receivers; and conducting both regulatory and internal investigations.
- Bachelor of Laws, The University of Sydney (2015)
- Bachelor of Economics, The University of Sydney (2014)
- Admitted to practice in New York 2021
- Admitted to practice in Australian federal courts 2016
- Admitted to practice in New South Wales 2016
- Acted for 7-Eleven Stores Pty Limited, Defendant in Davaria Pty Limited v 7-Eleven Stores Pty Limited (class action proceedings in the Federal Court of
- Acted for KPMG, the receivers and managers of DSHE Holdings Limited (Dick Smith), Plaintiff in DSHE Holdings Limited v Abboud & Ors (Supreme Court of New South Wales)
- Acted for National Australia Bank Limited and HSBC Bank Australia Limited, Plaintiffs in National Australia Bank Limited & Anor v Abboud & Anor (Supreme Court of New South Wales)