Norton Rose Fulbright (Middle East) LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Ahmed is a dispute resolution lawyer based in our Dubai office.
His primary focus is on dispute resolution through international arbitration, and he has extensive experience in the construction and infrastructure sector. Ahmed has acted for employers, contractors, subcontractors and operators on a wide range of contentious and advisory matters involving numerous landmark projects across the World. He also has a breadth of experience in general commercial dispute resolution, as well as in relation to regulatory and investigative matters. Ahmed has acted for parties involved in court litigation, mediation, conciliation, expert determination proceedings, and in claims before regulatory tribunals.
Ahmed has been based in the Middle East for over 12 years, and has lived in both the UAE and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Prior to working in the region, he advised on a variety of disputes in London. In addition to the United Kingdom, the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia, Ahmed has also lived in both Indonesia and Malaysia.
Professional experienceExpand all Collapse all
- BA (Hons) Law and Politics – Queen Mary, University of London – 2013
- PgDip Communicative Arabic – SOAS, University of London – 2014
- Legal Practice Course – University of Law, London - 2015
- England and Wales 2017
- Representing a main contractor in Abu Dhabi seated ICC arbitration proceedings, concerning a UAE refinery expansion project owned by a major UAE company.
- Representing a main contractor JV, constructing a major international airport terminal, in an ICC Arbitration seated in Geneva in respect of claims brought by a subcontractor.
- Representing an employer in relation to claims brought against it by a main contractor, in relation to the construction of an office tower in Saudi Arabia.
- Representing a contractor in respect of a FIDIC based ICC arbitration relating to a major international airport in the Sultanate of Oman.
- Representing a major Abu Dhabi entity in relation to ADGM court proceedings brought against it by a counterparty.
- Advising a contractor in respect of potential ICC arbitration proceedings relating to a major infrastructure project in Qatar.
- Representing a main contractor in two DIAC arbitration proceedings against the Employer, in respect of three residential projects in Dubai.
- Representing a Saudi Arabian employer in respect of claims brought against it at arbitration by a main contractor in relation to the construction of an airport in Saudi Arabia.
- Advising an employer in relation to claims by a main contractor in respect of the construction of a mine in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Advising a contractor in respect of extension of time claims relating to the construction of a multi-user logistics facility in Jebel Ali, UAE.
- Advising a main contractor JV constructing a large international airport terminal in the UAE, in respect of various legal issues as part of a wider project counsel role.
- Advising an emergency response services provider in relation to a dispute with a principal for sums owed to it arising out of an incident at a refinery in the UAE.
- Advising a Dubai-based Employer in respect of specific design and supply contractual arrangements with a specialist US-based contractor.
- Representing a global alternative investment platform and accelerator, together with its founder, in relation to regulatory proceedings before the DFSA Financial Markets Tribunal.
- Representing a Saudi Arabian asset management company in relation to arbitration proceedings related to the purchase of an educational facility in the UAE.
- Advising a main contractor in relation to English Court proceedings in respect of a bond call relating to a major tourism project in St. Kitts.
- Advising a now-insolvent global financial services firm in a multi-million pound claim brought against it and others in relation to various financial services products.
- Representing a major UK financial services provider in a pensions related English High Court claim brought by a former Premier League footballer.
The role of Building Information Modelling (BIM) in construction arbitration
Publication | May 15, 2023
Construction Law 2022
Publication | June 15, 2022