Our global Islamic finance lawyers have long-standing experience in delivering pioneering legal advice on Islamic finance transactions for Islamic financial institutions, conventional banks and corporates.
“In addition to its Middle East Islamic finance expertise, the team in the UAE regularly advises on matters in Asia.” Chambers Global, 2020
With more than 30 years of experience in Islamic finance law, our lawyers have a wealth of knowledge across a range of Shariah-compliant structures, including market-leading experience in Sukuk transactions, Murabaha, Istisna’a, Ijara and Musharakah financings and Takaful deals.
As well as having significant transactional experience, our lawyers regularly advise clients on Shariah governance matters including the establishment of Shariah supervisory boards. Based in the world’s economic hubs and key Islamic finance centers across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Middle East, our lawyers provide legal advice to governments worldwide on legislation concerning Islamic finance products.
Our areas of work include
- Asset finance
- Banking and finance
- Bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Investment funds
- Real Estate
- Shariah governance
- Structured trade and commodity finance
- Transport, including aviation finance
Awards and accolades
- Chambers Global, Middle East-wide: Islamic Finance, Chambers and Partners, 2020
- Legal 500 EMEA, United Arab Emirates: Banking and Finance: Corporate Finance (Including Islamic Lending), The Legal 500, 2020